+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I asked my calico girl Dora this morning if she would be my Valentine, and she said yes!! How cool is that!!
    dreamonia and NorwIndian like this.

Have any of you ever made a cake for a dog? I've found a lot of recipes online but am wondering if any of you have tried it and if so, do you have a favorite recipe?
    Our Kaylee adoption anniversary is coming and I want to try one. Thanks.

Quick update on my orange kitties, Peanut and Butter. I realized I hadn't been here in a while. They are great. They are happy, spoiled princesses now. Butter and Trixie are great friends but Peanut is still wary of her but they are ok too.
    They've taken over the house and act like they have lived here forever.
    I look at them and think about hoe they had to be together and if I hadn't taken them, they would have been put down. Best impulse "purchase" I've ever made.

I'm going to go back and read your animal stories now. I need to catch up!
    Punkin likes this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Have any of you ever made a cake for a dog?
    Cake is a human concept and extremely poor nutrition for dogs. How about a special nutritious treat, like a bit of meat? Certainly the adoption anniversary is worth celebrating. Congratulations on Peanut and Butter doing so well, thanks for the update!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My whackjob, Lola, really enjoys carrying things around the house....lucky me. I, accidentally, flicked the battery cover off the remote last night and she was dead on it and went running out of the room with it. She actually made me chase her for a while before she finally stopped; it was either that or no know where my cover was. Then she brought her Christmas frog up to my room; she likes to do this little tritty-trot when she's on the move with it. I brought in a bag from the grocery store with body powder and some other small item in it. I sat it on the kitchen floor for a little bit, and damn if she didn't grab the bag and go running off with it. I did have one gurl who used to like to dig through the laundry basket and get, mostly, my nylon work socks out and string them all over the house; she would resort to my dance tights when all else failed, but they'd get a little heavy and she'd drop them and go back for something nylon-y and easier.

Jewelry, sunglasses....I get the impression that almost anything will do.
    CantGetNuf and Brooks like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Brooks, I worked with animals for over 25 years, I know that cake is bad for dogs. There are cake recipes specifically for dogs with dog friendly ingredients.
    I'm not stupid and would never make a human cake for a dog.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

"You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Hahahahahahahaha!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Brooks, I worked with animals for over 25 years, I know that cake is bad for dogs. There are cake recipes specifically for dogs with dog friendly ingredients.
    I'm not stupid and would never make a human cake for a dog.
    NorwIndian, I knew you weren't talking about a real cake, but most commercial dog food is bad enough as far as ingredients. Most dog treats I've seen weren't worthy of feeding to a dog either. It's the recipe thing. That's where it tends to go off course. I was hoping you'd start with something a dog ought to eat and find a way to call it a "cake".
    Baby's Breath and Fanny Mare like this.

Today, I talk about Dez's personality. She's my aloof Maine Coon....the only purebred gurl I've ever bought. Today, she jumps up on the bed before I get up, and she just gives me this unending, unwavering stare. I say a few words to her, and then here comes Juliebelle from the other end of the bed. She never approaches me from the foot of the bed, and I talked to her. Dez remains in that locked gaze that NOW says "Don't you see ME sitting here??" She actually made me feel rather called on the carpet! Juliebelle disappeared, and I got back to giving Dez my full attention. Me----->

Last night she sat, very erectly, right next to me and stared off in a slightly different direction. She was like a statue, and she would not give me her attention for anything in the world! I'm surprised she was even breathing! There was NOTHING I could do to capture her attention. I finally just stopped trying. She also likes to do that thing where she will stare at the ceiling until she gets me to look up; when I don't see anything after scanning for many seconds, I look back at her and she's staring at me....as in "HAH!!! Made you look!!!"

I swear, she can make me all squishy inside!
    Brooks likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lola just made a HUGE kangaroo-style leap from the bed that spanned more than half the distance of the width of the bedroom....at what, I don't know!! Her doctor labeled her athletic months ago! I guess he was right!

+ Reply to Thread