+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I gradually made the switch to World's Best Cat Litter. I'm a believer. No more dust.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like that I can scoop and flush it down the toilet. I just wrote to them and asked why there were no handles at the tops of the bags, to make carrying it easier. It's more expensive, but I think it's worth it. They also could stand to put out a "frequent buyer's" card.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Before I flush, I'm going to put some clean litter in water to see how it breaks down. I'm on a septic system and afraid of the clogging.

Those are good ideas. It clumps together much better than the fancy clay litter I was using. The clay litter always left a few pieces that would slip through my scooper.
    Do you use the green bag or red?

The expense it what kept me from trying it. The last box of litter I bought, had so much dust (suppose to be 98% dust free) in it. I called and they told me to spray it down with water... no way.
    The lack of dust is worth the extra cost to me.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 01-25-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I use Feline Pine. Or I used to. I discovered that Feline Pine is the same as horse bedding pellets. A 20 lb bag of feline pine is $20. A 40 lb bag of horse bedding is $8 - the last time we were at the TSC store, it was on sale for $5 a bag, so we got three 40# bags.
    inthegarden likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Before I flush, I'm going to put some clean litter in water to see how it breaks down. I'm on a septic system and afraid of the clogging.

Those are good ideas. It clumps together much better than the fancy clay litter I was using. The clay litter always left a few pieces that would slip through my scooper.
    Do you use the green bag or red?

The expense it what kept me from trying it. The last box of litter I bought, had so much dust (suppose to be 98% dust free) in it. I called and they told me to spray it down with water... no way.
    The lack of dust is worth the extra cost to me.
    I use the red and black bag, for multiples; I have 4 gurls. They love it. I was hesitant to flush mine, at first, too; if it didn't all go down the first time, I'd let it sit for differing amounts of times and go back and flush again. All clear, no hesitation. I do know that they don't want you flushing if you live in California, I have no idea why. Do you have a plumber's helper (plunger) in your home? You can always fall back on that if you think you need to; you should have one with the ball on the lower lip, anyway; not one of the flat cheapo ones. I've become quite adept at using mine; give me your clog and I will clear it in a jiffy!
    inthegarden likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Punkin and inthegarden like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

That is hysterical. What a good humored postman.
    A new twist on the phrase The dog ate my homework. If a payment is late you can just say...My cat tossed my bill.
    Punkin and Fanny Mare like this.

I saw the show that that was on. He was filming it so if someone had to sub for his route, they'd know what to watch out for... but he said it only actually happened a few times, not every day.
    Count your blessings!

I still think its funny
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Shoot! The video has been taken down. Something about copyright infringement.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread