+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Can't believe I never thought about it before, but my Juliebelle was napping in "her spot" near the head of the bed, and I turned on Too Cute! on the Animal Planet channel and there were kittens. Jules tried to keep napping, but the kittens mewling was not to be ignored. At first, Jules just looked over her shoulder, but even that wasn't enough. She relocated to the foot of the bed and stayed focused on what was going on on the screen. She looked like a guy watching a boxing match, as she bobbed and weaved with the action! She'd go off to get a snack and come right back, several times. She chased some kind of flying bug until I caught it, and came right back. She's been engaged with the television for about an hour, so far. None of the other gurls seem to be the least bit interested.
    Punkin and Brooks like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There is a 1-year old diapered baboon named Josh Earl who just wants to play with the dogs and has to resort to showing his tricks to get their attention! So, so smart! He's flipping and tumbling, and all but one of the dogs is ignoring him. These shows are amazing!
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lola is on my shitake mushroom list today and she is, pretty much, staying out of my line of vision. Smart move. I have no sympathy or softness for her today.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    shitake mushroom list
    LOL

I hope you two patched things up last night. ;^)

Hey! I misspelled "shiitake" here once and nearly got banned! And it was an honest mistake!
    Count your blessings!

Looks like I misspelled it! Thanks for giving me the heads-up!

Our cats are invariably remembered by our dear friends at Christmas. Important to ask if there is anything in that bag of assorted gifts that maybe should be kept out of paw reach until it's time to open presents.

Poor Mr. TJ, all he wants is for the snow to go away. The first day, after the storm with the top layer of ice, TJ discovered he could walk on the snow. It was cool! The second walk was after the next storm and a fair amount of melting so about every 4th step he would sink in up to his armpit. By the third walk there had been a fair amount more melting and every step went down but not as far because not as much snow left. I used the snowblower to clear paths for him and with the melting they were quickly just grass. But he can't freely check out all his haunts in the backyard. So with his favorite activity in the world sabotaged by the soggy white stuff, Mom is supposed to come up with more indoor activities. Chasing long strands of floss is the current diversion.
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.

I once had a cat named Bart. I think I told you all about how much he loved Halloween. Well, Bart also loved snow. He would leap in it and burrow under the snow emerging several feet away. Then he'd take a quick look around and dive in and burrow some more. Oh how I miss that cat!

Miss Kitty doesn't "do" snow at all. She has discovered the Christmas tree and now spends most of her time napping under it.
    Punkin likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

My cats are freaked out by the arrival of my daughter in "their space"... and she's a cat lover! Boy, are they in for a surprise when my son and other daughter arrive. He's horribly allergic and will hiss at them to stay away. Just for one day and then I'll get as much back to normal for them as I can. They've been LOVING all the boxes and wrapping paper balls.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Poor kitties. I feel sorry for them and I understand what they are going through. Sometimes, life just ain't fair! My gurls make my son sneezy, but that is easily controlled. The good part is that he enjoys them and treats them well.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread