+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I love it!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm with Miss Kitty. Wish I could hibernate too.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

My husband and his wife got two kittens one year before she died of cancer. They were the first cats he had ever had in his life. When he met me and saw how eagerly my Lovey went for raw chicken or meat scraps he was astonished. "Isn't it bad for them to eat raw meat?" I had to explain to him that for millennia they had no one to cook for them or make up nice bags of dry food. It was an "Ah ha!" moment for him. :>)

Cats are obligate carnivores. They evolved in a very limited physiological range (limited prey in a desert habitat). A few decades on food they never ate before hasn't been enough for them to suddenly start producing digestive enzymes or metabolic processes they never had or needed before. (Similar reason why cats have very little tolerance for many medicines that humans and dogs can take for granted.) The most informed writer I know about this is a veterinarian, Debra Zoran - http://www.catinfo.org/docs/DrZoran.pdf

For me, it isn't just feeding raw, I also want to give the teeth and gums a work-out from tearing into large pieces (cats don't "chew"). Much easier than brushing their teeth, and over the long term cheaper than dental cleanings and extractions. My last cats all eventually developed oral disease that never let up. My present two shouldn't.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks View Post
    cats are obligate carnivores. They evolved in a very limited physiological range (limited prey in a desert habitat). A few decades on food they never ate before hasn't been enough for them to suddenly start producing digestive enzymes or metabolic processes they never had or needed before. (similar reason why cats have very little tolerance for many medicines that humans and dogs can take for granted.) the most informed writer i know about this is a veterinarian, debra zoran - http://www.catinfo.org/docs/drzoran.pdf

for me, it isn't just feeding raw, i also want to give the teeth and gums a work-out from tearing into large pieces (cats don't "chew"). Much easier than brushing their teeth, and over the long term cheaper than dental cleanings and extractions. My last cats all eventually developed oral disease that never let up. My present two shouldn't.

Thank you for the information.
    I've noticed better dental health with my pets.

A very heartwarming story of a double amputee boxer puppy. He's not letting it stop him from getting around! After Double Amputation, Boxer Puppy Overcomes The Odds And Melts Our Hearts : I Acknowledge = article

Duncan Lou Who - I'm a Boxer Puppy, with legs of two. - YouTube - youtube video
    Amazing Boxer Puppy With Two-Legs Defies Odds - YouTube - youtube video
    Punkin likes this.

Don't let the pretty face fool you. He's a terror. That's why he's in kitty jail.
    Kitty.jpg
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Strong resemblance to my Juliebelle! Are those blue eyes I see? Too, too cute!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    Don't let the pretty face fool you. He's a terror. That's why he's in kitty jail.
    Love it!!!

Our cats have self-imposed kitty jail, under table legs or under bureaus. I don't get it. Time-out? Earthquake emergency training?
    inthegarden likes this.

Actually his eyes aren't that light of a blue. I thought they came out really good in this picture but was surprised to see them look like that. I'd really love to get a good shot of his stripes. To me that is what makes him so pretty. I've never seen the underside of a cats tail have such stripes. I'd like to get a shot of it but ya'll might wonder why I'm posting pics of my cats butt. lol
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

+ Reply to Thread