+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I no longer have an electric opener, and they still don't miss an opportunity. And then they get that gaze with the incessant meows.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My kids just have to hear the crackle of the "Kitty Crack" package being opened and they come running! What in the heck do they put in that cat candy that makes it so irresistible?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

While I was checking the mailbox for mail and a package delivery, I didn't notice that Lola was still standing in the doorway when I shut the door. I went back to the kitchen, and I heard this crackly sound; I turned the television down and there it went again. I go into the entry hall and Juliebelle is sitting by the door giving me the "big eyes". Something said go down there and look....Idiot-butt had gotten herself trapped between the security door and the inside door; luckily, it's in the 30s here. I open the door and she comes flying out; I'm willing to bet you that they decided that I did that on purpose when they were talking later! I'm forever having to tell her to get out of the way when I open my front door. I didn't do it this time! Wonder if we'll have that problem again?

When my formerly-feral got, accidentally, locked out of the house for a day and a half, once she got back in, I've NEVER had a problem with her wanting to go out since; she'll even put distance between her and the open door, if she sees one.
    Punkin and Brooks like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That is so funny

Punkin Mine can be sound asleep at the other end of the house and hear 'the crackle' and comes tearing to the pantry...to bad that sometimes its me opening a bag of dried cranberries. He sits up on his back legs and insist on having a sniff to make sure...Yuck! your treats stink.

I've limited him to only a certain amount each day. After supper, he knows its treat time. I count out the treats and break them into halves sometimes threes. We go to the living room and while I'm reading, I throw the treats one at a time down the hallway. He runs and finds it, eats it, comes back for another. Sometimes he sits and when I throw them he will swat at it making it fly off in another direction. If he gets lucky, he catches them in his paw. The last treat, I'll say this is the last one and he finishes it up and that seems to satisfy him.
    Punkin likes this.

I had a cat years ago who absolutely LOVED cheese. I kept cheese in the refrigerator in a Tupperware container. When I wanted to call her I just took 2 pieces of Tupperware & would clap them together. She came running instantly.
    What was really funny is that when she was outside, I'd go to the door, call her name & clap the Tupperware together & she'd come running from wherever she was in the area. Worked every time.
    She always got rewarded with a piece or 2 of cheese, to keep the routine going.
    Punkin, CantGetNuf and inthegarden like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I was just reading yesterday that you shouldn't give cats any kind of dairy including milk or cheese. Someone had told me of their cat who got very sick (nearly died) chewing on the stems of the grapes she leaves out to snack on. I googled "food that makes cats sick" and got a lot of interesting info. Here's one of the links:
    - PawNation
    inthegarden likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Many cats do fine with dairy. Depends if they're allergic. Cheese may work out better than milk.

One of the 12 items on your link was not to feed fat trimmings or bone. That's true if they're cooked, because the bones will be brittle and the fat will be denatured. Raw can be awesome, but the bones should be small or they're more likely to break their teeth. Better if the raw food is balanced, not just meat, and not just fat and bones.

Our cats line up at people dinner time for some of the trimmings. And they eat a lot of bone every day because I feed whole prey (thawed mice, chicks, small quail, small chickens). They're in fabulous shape. My girl told a communicator once she doesn't want ground food because it's "prechewed", not like real food to her, LOL.
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.

I think giving cats and dogs raw food helps them live longer and stay healthier. Mine do get dry and wet food but also raw food.

Mine cant do raw, I have tried(more than once) they like their dry dog food
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Miss Kitty went into hibernation today.. Today was the first really cold day we have had this year. The temps never quite hit the freezing point and the wind made it feel even colder. Last night she went to sleep on my bed before 11 PM. She never stirred until 2 this afternoon when she came downstairs, ate, had some water used the littler box and then went right back to bed!! Miss Kitty does not DO cold weather!
    Punkin likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread