+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Skipperdee has started an endearing, if annoying, new trend. For the last 3 nights he sleeps stretched out against my back with his face buried in my hair. I love that he wants to be that close to me - sometimes he throws an arm across me, too - but if I want to change position, it's impossible without totally uprooting him. I'm the sort to lie there awake for a while hoping to fall back asleep in spite of the discomfort and if it doesn't happen, I have to plan out how to move in such a way to be sure he knows he's still loved.
    Brooks and Photobabe like this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    My cat throws up if I bring another cat in the house. He is really friendly to them. He greets them and then in about 5 minutes, politely goes into another room and throws up. stress
    Dramatic much? "Poor Uncle Wiggly".
    inthegarden likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Skipperdee has started an endearing, if annoying, new trend. For the last 3 nights he sleeps stretched out against my back with his face buried in my hair. I love that he wants to be that close to me - sometimes he throws an arm across me, too - but if I want to change position, it's impossible without totally uprooting him. I'm the sort to lie there awake for a while hoping to fall back asleep in spite of the discomfort and if it doesn't happen, I have to plan out how to move in such a way to be sure he knows he's still loved.
    Simon likes to lay his head on my shoulder, its strange we have a king sized bed, but oh no, he likes to feel we are there.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My dog stretches out full length, back to my back. Her predecessor who was bigger did it too. They sort of press against me. It feels so good.

She also sits on the back of my couch ... and rests her chin on my shoulder and the side of her sweet face against mine.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

We had a scare yesterday. I got home from work and noticed that Midnight, our black kitten was not in the house. My son and I searched the whole house... under beds, inside closets... everywhere. Then he took a flashlight and walked the acreage, calling for her. This kitten is affectionate to everyone in the family, but she is especially my oldest granddaughter's cat. Well, it didn't take long for Alexis to figure out that Midnight was missing and then we had a sobbing child to deal with. My son finally got her to sleep around 10 p.m. and he let his dog out to go potty before bed. Well, Rocky (the dog) didn't come back! He called and called. I joined him and called and whistled. My son was just getting his shoes to go out and look for him when who shows up? Rocky with Midnight in tow! I have no idea what happened or where he found her but I was never so happy to see an animal in my life. And Rocky stood there and literally grinned at us, wagging his tail furiously like he wanted to say, "I found her. Am I a good dog or what?" Needless to say, Rocky got lots of loving and some extra treats before bedtime last night.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

So glad all ended well Lil Bit! There's nothing more worrisome to a pet owner when their pet just disappears like that. Its happened to me a few times. I've had pets get outside and never seen again. Not even a dead body on the road from a car hitting them! But our present cat got out last summer and was gone for 5 days. We did all the usual things, put up posters call the humane society and walk around looking. By some miracle she turned up at someone's house who had her poster on the tree in front of his house and he called me. That cat turned and walked away from me when \I went to get her!! She seemed to have survived and not missed us at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    We had a scare yesterday. I got home from work and noticed that Midnight, our black kitten was not in the house. My son and I searched the whole house... under beds, inside closets... everywhere. Then he took a flashlight and walked the acreage, calling for her. This kitten is affectionate to everyone in the family, but she is especially my oldest granddaughter's cat. Well, it didn't take long for Alexis to figure out that Midnight was missing and then we had a sobbing child to deal with. My son finally got her to sleep around 10 p.m. and he let his dog out to go potty before bed. Well, Rocky (the dog) didn't come back! He called and called. I joined him and called and whistled. My son was just getting his shoes to go out and look for him when who shows up? Rocky with Midnight in tow! I have no idea what happened or where he found her but I was never so happy to see an animal in my life. And Rocky stood there and literally grinned at us, wagging his tail furiously like he wanted to say, "I found her. Am I a good dog or what?" Needless to say, Rocky got lots of loving and some extra treats before bedtime last night.
    Midnight probably went on a "hunting trip".
    Glad Rocky got her back safe and sound.

Yay Rocky! Don't you just wish they could talk?
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I would like to fasten a small video recorder on mine to see where they go and what they do. maybe?
    When the swallows leave every year, I think, wouldn't it be fun to have a video recorder on them so I could watch as they fly to some exotic location. Then reality hits me and I realize I can't even watch animal nature shows when they show animal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Yay Rocky! Don't you just wish they could talk?
    They do, often very clearly. Anyone want a recommendation for a good animal communicator, let me know.

+ Reply to Thread