+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

My dogs think they are being dirty, no,sorry, one of my dogs He hates being sick or having an accident .So when he is sick, he does it on the floor, then runs and hides. He has never been told off for being ill bless him -. its just him. x

The other one, my problem child - he will lay on the couch and sort of hang his head off to throw up his food, and then curl up again.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

When my dog throws up on the floor he comes to me & gets this "Mom, I'm sorry" look on his face. He doesn't hide, but he lets me know & knows he just made me clean it up, & feels bad about that.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

The oddest coincidence just happened. I had to call the vet's office and the receptionist sounded "off". She told me she was just tired because last night one of her dogs threw up at 11 PM on her bed and she had to get up and change the linens and do laundry.

Her dog is a 75 pound dog who eats poop and then throws it up!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    My dogs think they are being dirty, no,sorry, one of my dogs He hates being sick or having an accident .So when he is sick, he does it on the floor, then runs and hides. He has never been told off for being ill bless him -. its just him. x

The other one, my problem child - he will lay on the couch and sort of hang his head off to throw up his food, and then curl up again.
    We never scold our baby either. But she knows something is up because I am a worried mess and so she worries. They are almost human sometimes.

I think she understands SO much ... both language and actions ... so special.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    The oddest coincidence just happened. I had to call the vet's office and the receptionist sounded "off". She told me she was just tired because last night one of her dogs threw up at 11 PM on her bed and she had to get up and change the linens and do laundry.

Her dog is a 75 pound dog who eats poop and then throws it up!
    Oh dear!

We never scold our baby either. But she knows something is up because I am a worried mess and so she worries. They are almost human sometimes.

I think she understands SO much ... both language and actions ... so special.
    They are that Echo, yes they are .
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Squirty's problem is he eats too fast and sometimes it comes back up again. He can be the only cat in the house and when I give him cat treats, he'll scarf them down like they're going to disappear in two seconds. I don't know why he feels the need to eat so quickly. I set out two bowls of food in the morning so each cat can eat from their own bowl.

I suppose I could try feeding the cats in separate rooms or at separate times but that would be a pain to deal with on a regular basis.

A few months ago, Squirt threw up ON my keyboard and some of my music books. Last night, he threw up in the bathroom where I keep their litter box, in the hallway, and then he came out to the living room, jumped on the table where I have my keyboard, and threw up on some sheet music before I could stop him. I understand that he can't help if he has to throw up but why, oh why does he choose the places he does to do it!

I don't let Squirt sleep with me in my room anymore since I couldn't break him of the habit of crawling all over me when I was trying to sleep so at least I don't have to worry about him upchucking on the bed during the night. There are few things worse than waking up during the night hearing your cat retching before they spew food and spit all over your bed.
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-07-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Squirty's problem is he eats too fast and sometimes it comes back up again. He can be the only cat in the house and when I give him cat treats, he'll scarf them down like they're going to disappear in two seconds. I don't know why he feels the need to eat so quickly. I set out two bowls of food in the morning so each cat can eat from their own bowl.

I suppose I could try feeding the cats in separate rooms or at separate times but that would be a pain to deal with on a regular basis.
    That's when Oliver throws up, when he eats way too fast- little piggy
    -Andy Rooney-

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

My cat throws up if I bring another cat in the house. He is really friendly to them. He greets them and then in about 5 minutes, politely goes into another room and throws up. stress
    prhoshay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    My cat throws up if I bring another cat in the house. He is really friendly to them. He greets them and then in about 5 minutes, politely goes into another room and throws up. stress
    aww bless him- my young guy gets stressed if dad takes him to the groomers on his own, Oliver starts to salivate, and looks really stressed.
    inthegarden likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

It sounds like some of our fur babies need some emetics!

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread