+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

One of my gurls would get goofy on it; one of them would get aggressive. One was completely unaffected.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Yes, it is. Not all cats respond to cat nip. Miss Kitty is not the slightest bit interested. I've tried several different brands and have grown and dried it myself. She completely ignores it.
    One of the things they may react to is the volatile oils. So if you have a live plant, try just bruising one of the leaves. One of my cats had no interest in the plant except for searching out that one bruised leaf and eating it. Similarly, if you pull off some leaves, mangle them a bit before giving them to the cats. Dried leaves keep fairly well but they aren't the most potent form.

The catnip in my garden is right next to the stone path through it, so I must have been stepping on leaves. If I need to replant next year, I'll keep that in mind and keep it away from the path.
    Count your blessings!

prhoshay brought up the time change in another thread...How does the time change affect your animals?
    My cat wakes me up at the same time everyday.
    I gradually change the time I feed so its not such an abrupt change on their tummy clocks.

My gurls accompany me to the bathroom at 5:50 a.m. They work around MY movement.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The dogs don't care- they sleep in when its cold, go out when I take them out. Easy peasy.
    echo226 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Lola Falana is ALL about showing me her extreme love in the mornings. She's developed this need to stomp around in my hair, purr as loudly as possible, lean her side into the side of my face, and repeatedly scrape my face with that killer tongue of hers. I, gently, try to discourage her without being too rude but it's not easy....and this happens BEFORE I use my Yummy Mommy body butter. She doesn't even let me get out of bed before she begins this dance.

By the way, we all went to the bathroom at 5:44 this morning. My son, when he was in early grade school, used to come home talking about being "line leader"....obviously, a very important duty. Our morning bathroom routine has made me understand this ritual. NOW, IT'S ME!
    just1paul likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Why is that when cats get sick to their stomachs, they have to run around all over the house, getting puke everywhere? Plus, my cats like to get up on high places, like on the washer or dryer or my bed so they can do more damage. Ugh!
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Because they are nuts and want you to share that title with them? The family who is nuts together stays together, after all. Or something like that.....

There are many of us on that same train, so you re not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Why is that when cats get sick to their stomachs, they have to run around all over the house, getting puke everywhere? Plus, my cats like to get up on high places, like on the washer or dryer or my bed so they can do more damage. Ugh!
    Well since part of their job is to hide that they are sick ... DOGS will frequently hide their vomit ... like under a pillow ... and your hand finds it ... or close to your bed so you step in it with bare feet. Maybe cats act all "running around perky" so you mistake it for well and happy?

I sure hope they are not projectile vomiting from high places ... better duck.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread