+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I forgot to mention in my above posts, that he loves to chase balls made from wads of waxpaper. They are a great distraction from kitchen duty.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Glad you said that! I've been trying to remember to wad up a foil ball! Bless their hearts, they've just discovered the joy of big paper grocery bags!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I forget if I mentioned what I learned recently - that valerian has a calming effect on cats. I always have Sleepytime Extra on hand, and that has valerian in it. They don't need to eat it - just smell it like catnip. Sometimes I rub a tea bag over their face and neck.
    Count your blessings!

Ah......I might have to try that on Baby Tas.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Before the waxpaper balls, I thought of foil balls and then I thought about how it feels if I bite down on foil... and I decided waxpaper was better. Plus, it has the added affect of slightly unwrapping itself and can be easily carried in tiny cat teeth. I find lots of waxpaper balls stuffed in and under chairs, couches, closet doors...etc. I round them up and toss them in the air and he goes nuts trying to chase them all.

No catnip in our house. It had the opposite effect on my cat. He lost his mind and then made me lose mine until I got get every crumb out of the house. He even climbed the shelves in the pantry trying to find where I had it hidden.

My gurl could hear me opening the catnip container 2 floors away!! I'd try to do it quietly, and here she'd come! She was also like that about the yogurt containers.

Haven't tried the catnip with my little brats yet.

I grow my own catnip. This past year I had to replant it because "someone" kept eating it to the ground.
    Count your blessings!

Is catnip in the mint family? I'd always heard that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Is catnip in the mint family?
    Yes, it's a mint. One of the clues is the square stem.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Is catnip in the mint family? I'd always heard that it is.
    Yes, it is. Not all cats respond to cat nip. Miss Kitty is not the slightest bit interested. I've tried several different brands and have grown and dried it myself. She completely ignores it.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread