+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Still waiting for those pictures, NorwIndian. I love orange cats too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

. I know me too!! I guess now they have been cleaned up we wont have a before and after That's too bad. I bet they are lovely
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

We had a wonderful orange tabby for many years - name Mac (short for Macaroni & Cheese).

We got Mac from the humane society a year or so after our 17-year-old cat had died. My two youngest kids were about 8 and 11 at the time and came with to pick out a kitten. The worker there asked about previous pet experience and I said we had a cat who had died at 17 years of age. The kids told her his name was Spooky because when we got him he was afraid of everything, hid under the couch, and everything startled him - and he was white like a ghost. They were going on about Spooky's various kitten antics such as dragging my husband's socks from the bedroom down to the living room, and how long it took Spooky to get up the courage to set foot outside, etc., when the worker said "Wait a minute - the cat can't have been 17 years old if the kids saw him as a kitten." The kids knew Spooky's life story from having asked questions about him - and they knew itwell from having asked me to tell them the story about how we got him over and over and over.

I have some "before" pictures that I took before the girls got cleaned up. I don't know how to post pictures except for the avatar part but I'm going to have my daughter help me post some when she comes over next.

They are doing good. Kaylee is still their favorite. When they come out, they follow her around.
    Butter is definitely the one in charge. Peanut doesn't do anything unless Butter does it first.
    They were on the bed next to me for about an hour last night.

They weren't feral cats, that's for sure. They are both litter box trained and seem used to being indoors. All the lady at the adoption knew about them was that they were found in an abandoned house with a third cat that had to be euthanized.

There is still some hissing happening by all 3 cats when Trixie gets close to them but (knocks wood) none of them have tried to fight yet. Trix is getting lots of extra attention.

I love the name Mac(aroni)! I may have to steal that one day.
    I had orange brothers a long time ago named Cheddar and Cheese.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 10-24-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    just1paul and echo226 like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Isn't it funny how they get into "monkey see, monkey do"? Juliebelle watches Lola like that, unfortunately. The demon always seems to be the leader!
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh yeah, it's never the good one that's the ring leader. It's the evil little devils. Lol.
    just1paul likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

This clown-gurl, Lola, things she's funny. When I am getting up for the morning, I sit on the side of my bed with my feet dangling and Lola likes to walk up and put her needly teeth, very gently, on my feet and ankles. IT HURTS, even though she's barely touching me! I move them away, and she moves with them. She is such a buzzard. Nobody else bugs me.
    just1paul and Photobabe like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This clown-gurl, Lola, things she's funny. When I am getting up for the morning, I sit on the side of my bed with my feet dangling and Lola likes to walk up and put her needly teeth, very gently, on my feet and ankles. IT HURTS, even though she's barely touching me! I move them away, and she moves with them. She is such a buzzard. Nobody else bugs me.
    HA! We feed our kitties raw, as in thawed mice, chicks, quail, etc. The medical center we use requires we be asked each time whether we're safe at home. Hubby invariably says he's not sure it's safe for him to expose his toes from underneath the covers what with our carnivorous kitties, LOL.

It's "clean me up" morning. I clean eyes, noses, and clip claws no matter how much protesting goes on. It's interesting who minds what and who doesn't. Juliebelle loves to have her nose cleaned! She relaxes and closes her eyes; raises several hells at claw clipping. She extends her neck toward me. I guess nobody really likes to have their claws clipped/tipped, but those needles have got to go. Lola seems to protest the least, believe it or not. They strut differently after they've been pulled together! What I do to them reminds me of when my grandmother would, upon leaving the house, decide that my face was not quite right...she'd take out a clean Kleenex, make me stick out my tongue, drag that linty thing across my tongue, and clean my face with it!!!! I was not a happy camper. Maybe that's why the gurls get weekly cleanings....I just can't stand to look at it. Eyes are done daily.

How do you do the noses? My Skipperdee is in constant need of nose cleaning. Do you use a warm wet cloth? Vaseline? Oil of some kind?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread