+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    They're doing well. Still hiding a lot but that's to be expected, I'm not pushing it, they'll do things when they are ready.
    Thank you so much for taking in these kitties and keeping them together. I'm an orange kitty fan too. ;^)

Flower essences can help a lot in situations like this. Bach's Walnut is for accepting change. Everyone might benefit from that. Adjustments are inevitable, but I favor reducing stress when I can because it can be debilitating.

I have read and heard that more and more people are putting costumes on their animals for Halloween ... and they take them trick or treating ... and/or answer the door with costumed pet(s) when handing out treats. Does anyone here costume their pets?

Also ... I heard a news bit that said more pet losses are reported on Halloween than any other time of year. So be careful when opening that door.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I have read and heard that more and more people are putting costumes on their animals for Halloween ... and they take them trick or treating ... and/or answer the door with costumed pet(s) when handing out treats. Does anyone here costume their pets?
    I'm on a very busy street, no real kids drop by, just an occasional very large kids. ;^) When I first moved here the immediate neighbors would dress up their kitty and tiny dog and come over, so the main treats I kept handy were cat and dog treats, and a camera. My present cats would never tolerate either being dressed up or submitting to show & tell.

I don't dress my dogs up, unless its a coat when it gets super cold. They go nowhere on Halloween- except outside to do their business
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Harley used to love seeing the kids on Halloween. He loved kids. I would put a baby gate up so he could still see the kids when I opened the door but if something spooked him, the gate would prevent him from running outside.
    cablejockey and Miss Scarlet like this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Harley used to love seeing the kids on Halloween. He loved kids. I would put a baby gate up so he could still see the kids when I opened the door but if something spooked him, the gate would prevent him from running outside.
    The baby gate is what I do too. I am seriously thinking of disconnecting the doorbell. It drives the dog crazy ... and she thinks everyone is here to see and visit her.
    Brooks likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

I used to have this incredible cat named Bart. Bart LOVED Halloween! Early Halloween evening he would occupy a spot under a tree near my front porch. When Little ones that he knew would come to the door he would greet them and then walk with them to the next couple of houses. I live in a townhouse so he didn't have to go far. Then he'd return to his spot and wait for the next group of "friends" and repeat the process. Once it got full dark and the big kids started coming around I would bring him inside and he would sit at the door with me while I gave out the treats. Halloween always makes me think of Bart. He was one of a kind and will always be missed.
    cablejockey, Brooks, Hyper and 3 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I used to have this incredible cat named Bart. Bart LOVED Halloween! Early Halloween evening he would occupy a spot under a tree near my front porch. When Little ones that he knew would come to the door he would greet them and then walk with them to the next couple of houses. I live in a townhouse so he didn't have to go far. Then he'd return to his spot and wait for the next group of "friends" and repeat the process. Once it got full dark and the big kids started coming around I would bring him inside and he would sit at the door with me while I gave out the treats. Halloween always makes me think of Bart. He was one of a kind and will always be missed.
    He sounds like a lovely cat- I like his name, Bart .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

That really is incredible ... especially because he knew when Halloween was.

My dog is on a special diet ... single protein and MOSTLY vegetarian. But she gets her heart worm preventative year round on the same date ... every month and the medicine is beef flavored. So I tell her in advance when she will get her special treat ... and she knows on that day to wait for that treat.

She also looks for me every day when she comes back from her morning walk ... and SO will tell her to go find "Mommy" and she runs around until she finds me.
    Monday I had to go for a lab test so he told her I wasn't here but I would be back. So she did take a quick look out the window ... but then didn't do her usual look around for me. She really seems to understand unusual things ... and is very smart ... but then we speak a lot of doglish around here.
    Photobabe likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

I used to have this incredible cat named Bart. Bart LOVED Halloween! Early Halloween evening he would occupy a spot under a tree near my front porch. When Little ones that he knew would come to the

door he would greet them and then walk with them to the next couple of houses. I live in a townhouse so he didn't have to go far. Then he'd return to his spot and wait for the next group of "friends" and repeat the process. Once it got full dark and the big kids started coming around I would bring him inside and he would sit at the door with me while I gave out the treats. Halloween always makes me think of Bart. He was one of a kind and will always be missed.
    That's so cool! I love cats. I love their weird quirks and personalities. Bart sounds like he was a great cat!
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread