+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I love orange cats. I like how you're naming them as a pair. We had an orange cat named Butterball once (Peanut and Butter reminded me of her). My last orange cat was Amelia Bedelia - my daughter named her. My current cats are Eloise and Skipperdee from the children's books. Please, please, please keep us posted on their progress. I'm sure they'll figure out you have limited mobility right now and come to you like they did already. Cats prefer it that way anyhow.
    just1paul and NorwIndian like this.
    Count your blessings!

Since all three of my kitties are rescues, I don't think you're insane at all. In fact, more people in this world should be that "insane." The world would be a much nicer place if they were. Thank you for adopting Peanut and Butter. I'm sure they will bring much joy into your life.
    cablejockey and just1paul like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I cant wait to see the photos. I love all the kitties
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love their names! I love orange kitties, but never seem to come across them when I'm looking to add to the family.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They're doing well. Still hiding a lot but that's to be expected, I'm not pushing it, they'll do things when they are ready.

They come out in the daytime a little but they mostly come out late at night. I'm usually in bed reading and I just let them do their thing, they jump on the bed with me and let me pet them but it never lasts long. They met my cat Trixie last night. There was the usual puffy tails and some growls but not as bad ad I had thought it would be.
    I just hope my Trixie can break into their little clique one day and be their sister. She's still young so I think they'll be ok. Trix pretty much stays away from them for now.
    Right now they love Kaylee best. Kaylee will get down and do a belly crawl until her head is in their spot and they rub all over her. She'll lay with her head in there for a long time. When they come out, it seems like they look for her.

They are terrified of my wheelchair. It doesn't matter if it's in motion or not they don't like it. Starting tonight when they come out I'm going to put treats all around it and in the seat to try to make them more comfortable with it, hopefully.

Today before I went to therapy, we took them to the vet, aside from being underweight and a few bad teeth, they are in good health. Then I dropped them off at my old work for a good bath and nail clipping, ears cleaned, they needed it all.
    They are extra scared and pissed off now but it all had to be done. I did in all at once so they wouldn't get too stressed.They smelled so bad when I got them and what fur they did have was matted so they probably feel a lot better now. They sure smell better! Peanut wasn't as bad as Butter because she'd been adopted, only for a day but she had been adopted before. She howled until she got back with her sister.

It's really not a big deal, we had been talking about adopting an older cat for a while. I got 2 instead. Right now, with as bored as I get sitting here day after day, I needed something to keep me busy. I did it for selfish reasons too.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    They're doing well. Still hiding a lot but that's to be expected, I'm not pushing it, they'll do things when they are ready.

They come out in the daytime a little but they mostly come out late at night. I'm usually in bed reading and I just let them do their thing, they jump on the bed with me and let me pet them but it never lasts long. They met my cat Trixie last night. There was the usual puffy tails and some growls but not as bad ad I had thought it would be.
    I just hope my Trixie can break into their little clique one day and be their sister. She's still young so I think they'll be ok. Trix pretty much stays away from them for now.
    Right now they love Kaylee best. Kaylee will get down and do a belly crawl until her head is in their spot and they rub all over her. She'll lay with her head in there for a long time. When they come out, it seems like they look for her.

They are terrified of my wheelchair. It doesn't matter if it's in motion or not they don't like it. Starting tonight when they come out I'm going to put treats all around it and in the seat to try to make them more comfortable with it, hopefully.

Today before I went to therapy, we took them to the vet, aside from being underweight and a few bad teeth, they are in good health. Then I dropped them off at my old work for a good bath and nail clipping, ears cleaned, they needed it all.
    They are extra scared and pissed off now but it all had to be done. I did in all at once so they wouldn't get too stressed.They smelled so bad when I got them and what fur they did have was matted so they probably feel a lot better now. They sure smell better! Peanut wasn't as bad as Butter because she'd been adopted, only for a day but she had been adopted before. She howled until she got back with her sister.

It's really not a big deal, we had been talking about adopting an older cat for a while. I got 2 instead. Right now, with as bored as I get sitting here day after day, I needed something to keep me busy. I did it for selfish reasons too.
    See? Furry orange angels.

They sound SO good ... well behaved.

By the way, the therapist warned me to be careful and to be sure I looked at what was under me ... because I have a small dog.

You wouldn't want to run over a cat ... or when you are doing your "steps" have one of them wind around a leg and trip you!

It is so cute that Kaylee has adopted them and they have bonded with her.

I hope Trixie and the new ones accept each other soon. Trixie was Top cat ... and now she has to share.

I also think it is so great that they figured out so quickly the mobility factors. I have always had a dog ... and only one cat ... so I am always surprised at all the cat stories here. Please continue to keep us posted about Peanut and Butter ... and YOUR progress too!.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I LOVE the bit about Kaylee - she will help tremendously to get them oriented. I hope Trixie will be included, too. Give her extra love for now.
    My kittens are pretty independent, but come to me for pets at least once a day. They're more into interacting with each other. I guess that is the down side to getting siblings. They are a lot of fun to watch together, though.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm glad I adopted 2 babies together...I just wish they had been older gurls! They reinforce each other's security and comfort. The elder gurls have a definite need for extra attention, which is unusual for them, and it's funny to see the babies look at the big sisses in awe, but maintain their distance. I don't have mobility problems, but the babies seem to get entertainment out of running between my ankles when I walk...and that is bull! They are trying to give me mobility problems!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Midnight does that to me all the time. She will hide and pounce on my legs when I'm walking by. She does it "gently" in that she doesn't dig her claws into my leg, but she wraps her legs around my calf and hangs on for dear life! All I see is a black blur whizzing under me and there she is. I have to admit that her aim has occasionally been off and I've sent her flying across the room, but that doesn't seem to deter her. When she's in a mischievous mood she loves to pounce!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm glad I adopted 2 babies together...I just wish they had been older gurls! They reinforce each other's security and comfort. The elder gurls have a definite need for extra attention, which is unusual for them, and it's funny to see the babies look at the big sisses in awe, but maintain their distance. I don't have mobility problems, but the babies seem to get entertainment out of running between my ankles when I walk...and that is bull! They are trying to give me mobility problems!
    I love hearing about your two, such little characters.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread