Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Kittens and Puppies vs Mirrors

Puppies And Kittens vs. Mirrors - Safeshare.TV
    inthegarden and Photobabe like this.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I'm still laughing at Miss Kitty, Photobabe. The visual was hysterical.

I think we need to take up a collection and buy prhoshay a spinning chair for Lola.
    Punkin and Photobabe like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not the worst idea I've heard. She can be such a turd in my punchbowl of life. And again, she knows exactly where my heartstrings are located.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shay, we just had a full moon. Was Lola any worse during that period? It can certainly affect my cats.

I wanted to move my comments about my new girls here so I wouldn't go off topic in the Koffee Klatch section.

If you hadn't seen it, I'll give a rundown on my day yesterday.

I had to go to the pet store for supplies for my dogs and cat.
    I didn't know it was adoption day or I would have waited to go!

There were these 2 pitiful looking orange cats in a cage. They look so scrawny and are missing hair and absolutely had to be adopted together. I knew that would be next to impossible so.....they came home with me.

I put them in the space under my stairs where they could watch everything but wouldn't be bothered by my dogs. I put a litter box, food and water under there with their new beds.
    I assumed they would hide out there for a few days.
    I named them Peanut and Butter. Maybe, I'm not sure of names yet.

Around 2am, the one I call Butter, came slinking out with her sister behind her. I was in bed reading and talked to them. They both jumped up on the bed with me.
    They were scared but they came up to me. It only lasted a few minutes and they were back in their hiding spot.

I think they were raised with dogs because every time Kaylee gets near them they go up to her instead of running away.

I'm insane! I still can't believe I brought them home! I just went for dog and cat food and treats. Lol.
    I just knew that if I didn't take them, they would probably be euthanized. I couldn't let that happen.
    They needed me and I have the time to take care of them. I've always had a soft spot for orange cats.

I'm definitely going to take some "before" pictures. As soon as I fatten them up and get that fur to grow back, they will be beauties. I think they are beauties right now though.

I really am insane.
    Punkin, cablejockey, shyra and 6 others like this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Shay, we just had a full moon. Was Lola any worse during that period? It can certainly affect my cats.
    Didn't notice any increased lunacy. Last night, Miss Celie took Juliebelle's sleeping spot on the bed; Jules jumped up on the bed and just looked at Miss Celie for several seconds, stepped over her, and started scoping out an area right next to me. I said, "You can lay down." She plastered herself against my body, after getting permission.....most definitely not her usual thing. Juliebelle seems to have more of an aloof personality, like Dez; she tends to want to keep her distance but, when she wants them, she gets double-nuzzles as I pass her by. She runs to the edge of the dresser an sticks her nose up to me.

Didn't really see a lot of Lola.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love you Norwindian! Those two precious little orange kitties have lucked into a home with love and happiness and a doggy buddy. It's why I stay far away from shelters. I have as little resistance or sense as you. LOL! I could so easily become one of those cat hoarders who take on more than is healthy for me or the cats. The most I have ever had is 6 at a time, but always with a few feral cats to feed on the side. How I envy you for the fun you have ahead in learning who they are and how they will fit into your "family".

Your Bay Area neighbor, Lynda

I'm glad the orange cats came out for a bit last night. Once they figure they are truly safe and secure, they will be taking over the whole house in true cat fashion!

NorwIndian - How Wonderful of you! Thank YOU!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Norwindian, Hmmm. Just a day ago you were saying what a long, boring day it had been.
    Isn't it wonderful how fate answers things in mysterious ways. So where are we now on the boring scale?

You now also have new company times two!

I'm sure your granddaughter's pleasure will just magnify yours!

Amazing coincidence that a champion of orange undercats showed up, isn't it?

I want to see pictures too
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread