+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I sing to both my dogs, and one of them often joins in. Howling along with me
    just1paul, Sticker and Photobabe like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thank goodness the gurls don't howl! They leave that to mommy!!
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I read here on occasion, and just wanted to share a short happy-ending story that happened just yesterday with my Yorkie. He is the best dog and smartest dog I have ever had.

Well, yesterday he was barking at our cat that sometimes will sit outside the screen door and tease him. Our dog cant be let outside on his own because he will run off, so we always take him out with a leash to walk him. And we have to keep the dog and cat separated because they dont get along too well.

Well, for some reason, as our dog was barking at the cat, I heard the screen door make a closing noise that caught my attention more than normal. He has barked like this at the door for years now, and for some reason, I just had a bad feeling about this time, and got up to check on the dog and did not see him near the door. I immediately ran outside and sure enough our Yorkie was outside and had the cat treed in a tree. I quickly grabbed our dog (who was having a blast at the base of the tree), and put him back inside. I then grabbed a ladder and got our cat down.

I have to believe that a "6th Sense" helped me out yesterday because I normally would have never even gotten up to check on him, as he does this all the time for years now. I now know I need to keep the screen door latched, as the Yorkie can actually push open the door and run out before it closes again.

Anyway, just wanted to share a close call, and how I adverted losing my dog yesterday. I am so thankful I did not have to join so many others that have lost pets. I would have been devasted if he got away. We live in a very rural area with woods and trying to find a lost pet around here is almost impossible, especially with all the predators we have like coyotes owls, hawks, etc.

P.S. Our cat is one of the predators He is quite a hunter, and brings back all kinds of unwanted "presents" to us on occasion. So, we dont have to worry about the cat ever becoming a victim of natural predators. I am convinced he would beat up a coyote...LOL
    Last edited by Sticker; 10-08-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Do you ever sing to your pets? I make up little songs to sing to them all the time. It probably annoys them but I like it.

This morning I sang "Goodbye, Kitty" to the tune of "Goodnight Ladies" for Squirty when I left for work.

Another favorite of mine is "Las Chiapanecas" (the song used in the Bugs Bunny cartoon when he slaps the bull), but I sing "Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow...kitty!".
    I sing to her and her predecessors.

One dog was Maggie ... and when I fed her I would sing that old Hungry Man commercial , edited to suit the situation.:

"How do you handle a hungry dog?
    The Mag handler!"

Wow ... that reminds me a lot. She was a medium ... 41 lbs. ... Lab Terrier mix with beautiful, shiny black fur. She was the softest dog in the world! It was hard not to touch her. A Mom asked if her little girl could pet her ... and the tiny girl walked up and touched her... and said "Ooooh!'.
    just1paul and Sticker like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We've often said that God brought Summer to us for a particular season of our lives. Your way of putting it is so poetic. :-)
    So now ... you have to get a shirt and embroider that design on your sleeve. You'll be wearing your heart on your sleeve!
    AZChristian and Sticker like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

"Sister Creativity" is on a roll! I love it!! echo, you have a gift.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    So now ... you have to get a shirt and embroider that design on your sleeve. You'll be wearing your heart on your sleeve!
    We often wear matching t-shirts. Maybe I'll surprise Mr. Christian with a t-shirt with the tattoo design on it! (He has NO interest in paying someone to stick needles in him, unless it's a doctor.)

Thanks for the idea!!!!
    inthegarden likes this.

I am really on your hubby's side! On second thought, I'd rather a lab tech or a paramedic ; doctors are usually waaaaay out of practice!
    just1paul and AZChristian like this.

Every morning when I walk to the barn to feed the feral barn cats. The lookout sits on the roofline of the barn and watches for me. When he sees me he runs down the main roof and sits on the edge of the sideshed roof until I'm almost back to the barn. Then he runs back up the roof to the other side, jumps under the eve overhang and is sitting at the top of the ladder that goes to the loft. Another one waits in the drive and runs to the ladder and climbs up ahead of me. The lookout swats at the ladder climber as she goes by. barn watcher.jpgbarn watcher 3.jpg

Oh my, what great photos!!
    inthegarden and Sticker like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread