+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

So true... never truer than at 2 this morning when Skipperdee crawled under the covers with me. Awwww... until Eloise couldn't resist attacking him there and a bloodbath (mine) ensued.
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by gutmutter View Post
    so true... Never truer than at 2 this morning when skipperdee crawled under the covers with me. Awwww... Until eloise couldn't resist attacking him there and a bloodbath (mine) ensued.
    lmao
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What can I do to get this stooopid gurl to stop running across my head? When will this behavior stop??? I am so torn between the incredible love and incredible aggravation she brings out in me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Have you tried talking to her? I'm not kidding! Catch her in a calm moment and cuddle her and tell her that running over your head is stressful for you. I swear they understand more than we think they do.
    Photobabe likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I feel foolish, but it's worth a try. Thanks.
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Have you tried talking to her? I'm not kidding! Catch her in a calm moment and cuddle her and tell her that running over your head is stressful for you. I swear they understand more than we think they do.
    Even better would be working with a good animal communicator. If she won't listen to reason, LOL, the answer might lie in finding out why she does it. For instance, perhaps an elevated raceway above your bed would satisfy her.
    just1paul likes this.

When Willow wants me to wake up she will first jump over me, shaking the bed. If I am able to ignore that, she will then jump ON me. That never fails to get my attention.

The problem I'm having with her lately is that she will not stay off my dresser, night stand, bookshelf or anything in my bedroom where she KNOWS that she isn't allowed. The only time she does this is at night when I am either trying to sleep or watching television in bed. We've had many changes in our family life lately with my granddaughters moving in full time and I don't know if this is what is causing this bad behavior or what. She will jump up on something and then look at me like she's saying, "See, here I am. What are you going to do about it?" Then she won't get down until I physically get up and move towards her. She knows that she isn't supposed to be up there, but so far I haven't been able to make her stop. Any advice?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I've read that putting aluminum foil on surfaces will keep cats off, or orange peels (they hate the smell). Maybe once they get out of the habit, they'd stay off?

I am SO glad to hear that somebody else is having pain-in-the-butt behavior from a precious brat. I feel your pain! Lola has this thing about jumping up on and falling behind the bed head; it is nice and narrow and is like walking a high wire, evidently. Those claws are trying to latch on and they can't!

Maybe I need a foil hat to keep pain-in-the-butt off my head? Maybe I can glue on orange peels? I am not a crafter, and this is my idea of Creativity 101. I swear, I've never had a critter like this one.
    AZChristian likes this.

I have hand cream with a STRONG orange oil component. I don't use it often because the smell is so strong. Maybe try soaking orange peels in water and then spraying it on your pillow case.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread