+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Dez is my only gurl who enjoys watching tv. This morning, as I type, she is all into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, off and on. She is fun to watch.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I haven't posted about my babies in a while. I kept a brother and sister from a litter this summer. The dynamics of siblings and mother are incredible! They rough house with each other and go to her for comfort if things go too far. Any time she has been out and comes back in, she vocalizes and they stop whatever they're doing and run to her. She still lets them nurse sometimes (not often) and that's when they purr loud enough to bring down the house. The girl is dominant and the boy laid back, so I'm always mixing up my pronouns when referring to them ("her", "him"). Now that it's getting colder, I often wake up to find all 3 of them curled around me. When I get home from work and let them know I'm in the house, they come running to me to be picked up for a quick snuggle then want to be fed. So even though I live alone, it feels like a full house.
    That is so nice to come home to after a work day.
    My yellow boys have always been the most affectionate of the bunch.
    It has been a joy to watch the interaction between my cat and her kittens (adult cats now). Even though they are all 11 years and she is older, she still mothers them. She gives them affectionate head rubs or a swift smack which ever she thinks they need. The boys out weigh her but still show respect and are submissive when she speaks.
    Brooks likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Klyn - I walked the road of losing my sweet Yorkie just last month. I've finally had days where I haven't cried, but I just accept that you can't spend 13 years sharing unconditional love and then not grieve the loss. When Summer passed away, I got a locket and put in her picture and a little of her hair. I wear it almost all the time, because I feel that "her" heart stays close to my heart that way.

Just today I was in a car and someone walking their Yorkie walked across the street in front of us at a stoplight. I choked up, but then thought about some of the great walks we shared with Summer and opted to feel joy instead of sadness. I hope you feel that sort of comfort soon.

I know that a grief group would not be a good choice for me personally . . . but the decision has to be made individually. I plan to have a tattoo done soon - probably on the inside of my ankle or on my foot. Then she will still be there to go on walks with me!

Here's what I'm thinking of doing:

SummerPaw.jpg
    Brooks, just1paul and inthegarden like this.

I love that AZ. Love it!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

AZ ... If you are getting a tattoo ... that is fantastic ... as is the symbolism of her walking with you.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

This week I was reminded of how clever and sensitive our pets can be. There's something that has been troubling me a lot lately, and I noticed our dog has been acting more needy than usual around me... for example she'll continue to follow me around the house even after the kids and hubby are home, or I'd rest in a chair, but she would whine for me to move to the sofa (where she is allowed up), and once I moved, she'd rest her head on my shoulder and try to give tons of doggie kisses. All along I thought I was endulging her need for extra attention, but it finally dawned on me that she has been trying to comfort me.
    remember to play

Best cat toy ever - ping pong ball in the bathtub.
    just1paul, Hyper and Klyn like this.
    Count your blessings!

Best cat toy ever - ping pong ball in the bathtub.
    Yep! or a high bounce ball in a hallway!
    just1paul likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    This week I was reminded of how clever and sensitive our pets can be. There's something that has been troubling me a lot lately, and I noticed our dog has been acting more needy than usual around me... for example she'll continue to follow me around the house even after the kids and hubby are home, or I'd rest in a chair, but she would whine for me to move to the sofa (where she is allowed up), and once I moved, she'd rest her head on my shoulder and try to give tons of doggie kisses. All along I thought I was endulging her need for extra attention, but it finally dawned on me that she has been trying to comfort me.
    I think they read us and situations a lot better than other humans.

I have mentioned before that when my older dog passed ... the little one was my main source of comfort.
    coltnlasma likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I haven't posted about my babies in a while. I kept a brother and sister from a litter this summer. The dynamics of siblings and mother are incredible! They rough house with each other and go to her for comfort if things go too far. Any time she has been out and comes back in, she vocalizes and they stop whatever they're doing and run to her. She still lets them nurse sometimes (not often) and that's when they purr loud enough to bring down the house. The girl is dominant and the boy laid back, so I'm always mixing up my pronouns when referring to them ("her", "him"). Now that it's getting colder, I often wake up to find all 3 of them curled around me. When I get home from work and let them know I'm in the house, they come running to me to be picked up for a quick snuggle then want to be fed. So even though I live alone, it feels like a full house.
    But you DON'T live alone....
    Brooks, Klyn and AZChristian like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread