+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Midnight is so regal and Nell is so pretty
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Awkward cat moment of the day!...

I had been playing the keyboard and got up to come back to the computer. Squirty had stolen my chair in the meantime so he got out of it when he saw me coming. After I got settled, he came running from the couch, leapt onto the computer desk, and slid all the way across it. If I didn't have a tv next to the computer desk, he probably would have slid all the way off the desk onto the floor.

When his momentum stopped, he started casually licking his back as if to say "That's exactly how I meant that to look".

I felt bad laughing at him but that was so funny!
    Brooks, just1paul and inthegarden like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

We were talkng about how we could make it easier on the dog once the winter snow and ice arrives and started talking about getting one of those potty patches ... it's a pad that has artificial grass on it.

We were thinking of putting it in the garage so she doesn't have to go out in the really cold weather in the middle of the night to relieve herself.

I sometimes feel like she would just explode before she would eliminate in the house.

Those disposable pads would be easiest ... but I seem to remember a long time ago I had a sample of one of those puppy potty pads ... and she wanted nothing to do with it. She just walked to the door and said please!

So ... has anyone had any experience with this?
    Last edited by echo226; 09-23-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    We were talkng about how we could make it easier on the dog once the winter snow and ice arrives and started talking about getting one of those potty patches ... it's a pad that has artificial grass on it.

We were thinking of putting it in the garage so she doesn't have to go out in the really cold weather in the middle of the night to relieve herself.

I sometimes feel like she would just explode before she would eliminate in the house.

Those disposable pads would be easiest ... but I seem to remember a long time ago I had a sample of one of those puppy potty pads ... and she wanted nothing to do with it. She just walked to the door and said please!

So ... has anyone had any experience with this?
    I tried it with the younger dog, and he hated the artificial grass. Maybe your dog is older, and wouldn't mind. Oliver looked at me as if I was nuts and proceeded to go to the snow ( and its really cold here as well) .They both used the puppy potty pads, for all of one week.Then went outside.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have wild turkeys that roam my pastures. I enjoy watching them especially when they encounter a fence. Fences confuse turkeys. In the spring, the chicks run along with their mom as she grazes. When they approach a fence, she flies over or looks for an opened gate to go through. The chicks are small and can jump through the hole in the fence wire or follow her through an open gate. In the fall, they have doubled in size and can no longer fit through the holes in the fence. That is when it becomes entertaining to watch. The turkeys come to a fence and thinking they are still small, attempt to jump through the holes. Nope! They run up and down the fence poking their heads through the holes. Up and down, up and down. This continues until one turkey realizes it has ....wings... it flies over the fence and starts grazing while its siblings are still frantically running up and down, poking....until another one and then another flies over.
    During one of these episodes, a turkey ran the whole length of the fence to an open gate and instead of walking through the gate flew through.
    I've read that a turkey can run 25 mph and fly 55 mph. I'm not too concerned about my dogs catching a turkey. One dog is too slow and the other dog wouldn't know how to catch a turkey. They are happy running through the tall grass flushing out turkeys and running them until they fly off into the treetops. Seeing those big turkeys looking out through the treetops is oddly funny.
    Lil Bit, Hyper and Eastcoastmom like this.

Thanks inthegarden. That story made my day. We have some turkeys around here but I've never seen any close to our acreage. We have a lot of pheasants, but they aren't as entertaining as your turkeys!!
    inthegarden likes this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

There was a period last year when a mom turkey and 5 full grown babies were hanging around. They were fascinated by my boy cat, TJ, and when I'd take him for his leash walks in the back yard the turkeys would swarm him in curiosity. All much bigger than he is. They stayed a respectable 10 feet away, but it was still pretty awesome.
    inthegarden likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So, as of late, I have been relegated to the position of mini-trampoline by you-know-who.....Lola F. She is using me as a springboard for, apparently, her own entertainment. Off my knee, off my back, off my belly.....and she moves so quickly and quietly that I seldom see her coming. She hits and is gone. Why me????
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

My sweet Mr. Melvin passed away today. He was a 17yr. old shorkie. I knew he would be passing soon and I know he is now running again and happy, but it still hurts. My house is so quiet! Who do I talk to now? Just a little over a year ago I had to put down my mini doxie, Bella. I just keep picturing them playing together, over the rainbow bridge, both healthy and happy.

Reading all your post speaking so lovingly about your fur babies helps. It brings back great memories of Melvin & Bella. So please keep it up. These stories are great.

Lola sounds like a cat an old boyfriend had. Her name was Sheba and she was not very fond of me. She would use my head as a spring-board in the middle of the night. Talk about a rude awakening!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hugs to you as you endure your loss of Mr. Melvin. I know exactly where you sit today. Take lots of deep breaths.

Lola also enjoys walking across my face....running across my head. Then, she'll settle down and become the sweetest, cuddliest brat I've ever had. I'm trying to hang in there. She really enjoys teasing me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread