+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1139Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Major Buffy & LOTR fan Twilightseeker's Avatar

Who loves dogs and what kind do you have?

I love dogs, and I have a basset hound. He is really slow, even though he's only three years old. I know alot of people that like to talk about their pets, mostly dogs! Don't get me wrong, cats are cute, too!
    This is a thread where you can just post your comments about your dogs and what breeds they are! It's interesting to find out why other people like dogs and what they are!

HAVE FUN WITH THIS!!!!!!!

Count me in as another dog lover!

I have two miniature schnauzers named Kahlua (She's the sweet, shy, "princess" of the family) and Monty (Full name Charles Montgomery Burns. To call him a spotlight hog is a huge understatement. Everytime you pet Kahlua, he will immediately butt her out of the way and roll onto his back hoping for a bellyrub or howl loudly).
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

I've got a 7 yr old Beagle mix I got from the pound as a small puppy, her name's Mia. And I drive people to insanity mentioning my little Lhasa Apso girl, the 5 year old Princess PiddlePot BluSavana. I'm a dog nerd; pride myself on being able to reconize the breed of dogs I see around town. I watch all the kennel shows, have attended some just for the sheer love of canines. Once I get the connection I need to download the photos I've taken of both my dogs with my cell, I'll post some pics.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I love dogs, but I am a professed CAT man. But my mom & dad have this adorable 9 yr old bassett hound named missy. AROOOO!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Although I like most breeds, cross breeds, and mutts (or shall we say "genetically diverse"? ) my heart lies with one breed. Will anyone be surprised that I love and adore Newfoundlands? I have two, which is as many as I feel I can care for by myself. I hope to have Newfs for the rest of my life. Despite their great size, they are very sweet and gentle, definitely NOT a "macho" breed.

I suppose that if I couldn't have a Newf , I'd go with an English Mastiff.

Oops, the thread got moved and merged. Tsk. If there can be a thread devoted to strange cat behavior, one exclusive to dogs seems reasonable. If this isn't rectified, I'm going to boycott Wal-Mart!
    Last edited by Newfherder; 12-21-2005 at 06:44 PM.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    Although I like most breeds, cross breeds, and mutts (or shall we say "genetically diverse"? ) my heart lies with one breed. Will anyone be surprised that I love and adore Newfoundlands? I have two, which is as many as I feel I can care for by myself. I hope to have Newfs for the rest of my life. Despite their great size, they are very sweet and gentle, definitely NOT a "macho" breed.

I suppose that if I couldn't have a Newf , I'd go with an English Mastiff.
    Newfoundlands I believe is one of the breeds the Bobby Kennedy had and I believe his name was Brumus who was heartbroken when "daddy" never came back home in June 1968.... Very large very gentle dogs from what I've seen.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Buddy, the special-er puppy

If I had a good picture of my dog, Buddy, I would put it on here. Thanks to the stupidity of my dog, I don't. He is really cute, he's a Basset Hound, and three years old. He's really dumb, but I still love him! Even though I love him, he can still get on my nerves!

"How do you like my darkness now?"
    Buffy to Glory

Believe it or not, I do like dogs. I don't have any, but I do like them.

Newfoundlands, gorgeous, Mastiffs, huge, a little "piddlepot" :LOL, gotta luv 'er. I always have to pet whatever puppies I see in Petsmart when I get kitty food. Dogs have the best clothes and booties. Nothing for cats to wear. Would someone get on that?!

Yesterday, I had the misfortune to come across a very sad scene. Someone had hit a golden lab with their car/truck and left him there. Unfortunately, he was dead and frozen (like that horrible Xmas cat song I ranted about) but I couldn't leave him as so many cars just kept passing him by as if he was a piece of garbage. He had a collar on so I knew he was someone's pet and should be taken care of. I stoppped some cars and got a few people with cell phones to call the bylaw people and then I called as well so he was finally picked up and hopefully his owners were contacted.

Don't people realize that pets are just like 'children' to many of us? I'll bet if it was a child, it would have been a totally different story.

Blessings to all creatures, this holiday season, great and small.

Poor little doggie

Misskitty,

That is very sad about the poor dog that you came across. I hope the dog's owners were found and he had a proper grave and funeral. I thought that was super nice what you did, by stopping the cars and all. I also hope the poor little doggie is in a better place.

KEEP WRITING, GUYS!!!

I love Newfies! And great Pyrinese, love those 'gentle giants.' But I'm more of a cat person, maybe 'cause I'm in an apartment. I'm fostering now.

Here's a picture of the foster 'mugging' for the camera.

+ Reply to Thread