+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1336Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I'm thinking about going to court and changing Dez's last name to "Pane". This chick dad's first and last name HAD to be Window Pane, because she seems to have this thing about believing that she is able to be seen through. She has a really bad habit of standing sideways in my line of vision between me and the television. She knows the command, "Lay down," but this is the exact time when she chooses to ignore it and just look at me or to the side. She gets plenty of attention; I guess this is just one more ploy. She's as smart as she WANTS to be WHEN she wants to be. I give her the evil eye/my Mona look, but she then gives me the "And....?" The only thing she does not do is throw up her paws in a challenging manner and "work" her neck.
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Our females are small to medium and the male, Buddy, is way bigger. Twinkle looks like she was pretty big. Lovey was very vocal when I fed her. She sounded like she was saying, "Please and thank you!", with her plaintive, hungry cries.

Another feature of the Tuxedos is they have white whiskers and ear hairs.

When they were little:
    Kittens 003.jpg
    Brooks and inthegarden like this.

Too cute! Have you seen that show on Animal Planet?

Oh they are SO cute.

Is there an animal planet show about tuxedo cats?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Did some reading about tuxedo cats and found out that they are called bi-colored cats and that they are not, necessarily, black and white. The black and whites are pretty cool to look at, though. The term 'tuxedo' is all about their markings and is not a species. They do not have to have white ear tufts, but that would be pretty cool. Lola's ear tufts are black. She has the white whiskers and the white whiskers above her eyes.

Got a huge treat this morning! I never see stray cats around here, but there was a beautiful cat in my backyard when I looked out the window. It was very healthy looking, and mostly snow white with gray and a little brown. I doubt that she was a stray, but definitely a wanderer. My gurls didn't see her. I am easily pleased!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I read some of that information too. And I think the black and white ones just fit the description most.

My dog is called a "phantom" because of her markings. She has "points" of white on a black coat ... like Doberman's have "tan points".

She is beautiful, sweet, and smart. She's not a crossbreed or a designer dog .... she just came with those markings.

So she is sort of a tuxedo dog!

Mohandas Gandhi

I think the flame point Siamese are the same... sometimes called red point, sometimes called shorthairs, but mine has icy blue eyes and a triangular face in spite of not being pure bred.
    I got my art supplies at school yesterday and brought home two rectangular boxes... cut some holes, taped them together - new kitty maze!
    Count your blessings!

Does anyone make dog cookie/treats?

I make mine because it's all she can have at the moment. I cook little treat sized bits of vegetarian dog food in the microwave ... about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes and she loves them!

I cook up the whole can ... and then put 15-20 in those little snack bags ... and freeze them. I take out one little bag at a time. They thaw fast ... and I keep in the frig until I need another bag.

It surprises the heck out of me because she is conditioned to accept them as cookies/treats/desserts. Funny!

Mohandas Gandhi

Lola, as usual, is keeping me off balance. Yes, she is my resident looney tune, but a couple of days ago I decided to try something different before I killed her. She was being her usual manic self, and I cradled her in my arms, like a baby. She settled right down and relaxed and seems too have been in chill-mode ever since. She's always shown signs of being a cuddler/snuggler, but usually returns to crazyville when she gets up. So far, she hasn't gone back there. I bought a water pistol, and haven't had to use it; she's curled up next to me now. She still likes the cradling. Had I only known, we could have done this weeks ago. Hopefully, she's leveling out...unless she's just waiting to "break crazy" again?

Knock on wood you've found the key to calming her down.
    Did you know valerian has the opposite effect of catnip? Sleepytime Extra or any other teabag with valerian is all it takes.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread