+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I am so sorry Punkin . I think Lovey has a wonderful name, again, I am so sorry for your loss. Lovey waits for you
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Thanks, everyone for your good wishes for our sweet little girl. It does comfort us to know that her passing was peaceful and at the only home she had known.

We had no idea what Tuxedos were until we saved our two little 3 year olds from the hands of animal control across the street. They were just about 4 to 5 weeks old and would have been put to sleep. We had just lost my 20 year old cat and they were so precious. They were about 5 months old when the Christmas tree went up. They climbed it, broke most ornaments yet were so funny to watch. They actually let it stand until the day after Christmas, and then, "Timber"!
    tree 014.jpg
    Brooks and inthegarden like this.

Just a couple of pictures of my furkids.

Laser Eyes!
    2013-08-29 22.13.30-1.jpg
    Sleeping with Dragons
    2013-08-20 12.16.18.jpg
    Hello there D.Bo
    2013-08-26 07.42.42.jpg
    Punkin and beerbelly like this.

So cute and D.Bo ha such nice feet....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here's a picture of me with my tuxedo cat, Twinkle. My family had boarded our pets while we went on vacation and when we got back, my mom and I went to pick them up. My mom took this picture with a disposable camera she kept in the car while we were stopped at a traffic light. Twinkle was such a pretty cat, but a real loudmouth! She didn't know how to purr or meow quietly. She sounded like a concrete mixer when she purred and when she'd meow to come in or go out, she'd howl at the top of her lungs. She's lucky she was so pretty and I loved her so much because I was sorely tempted to strangle her a few times when she couldn't decide if she wanted to be inside or outside and kept howling to get my attention.

Love you and miss you, Twinkle.

What a beautiful girl with a pretty nose! I love the name. So sorry you have to miss her.

Ours are Sweetie Bug and Precious. We didn't know Precious was not a little girl till we took them to the Vet. So, we changed him to Buddy.

All these kitties and Dbo are all good looking ... and you too pikachu.

I have a question about these tuxedo cats. Are they typically quite small ... or even undersized?

The one kitty I had was a tuxedo ... she was very luxuriously soft, shiny black with perfect tuxedo jacket shirt/lapels on her chest and mittens and socks ... and she was VERY small and very smart!

She might have been the runt and/or had some genetic deformity according to the vet.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Twinkle was bigger than Squirt for a long time. In the last few years, she took up hunting and liked to be outside all the time. She slimmed down to the point where I was a bit worried about her. Even then, I didn't think she was noticeably smaller than the average cats I've owned.

And my poor Twinkle was not smart. She used to stand in front of the cabinet under the bathroom sink, wanting to get in there to take a nap. She'd feebly paw at the doors and cry until Squirt would come along and pop the door open for her with one swipe of his paw. I don't know if she was too dumb to open the door herself or, on the other hand, if she was too smart to do menial tasks herself so she figured out how to get Squirt to do her bidding! At the time, I thought she wasn't as sharp as Squirt.

She certainly was one of the most vocal cats I've ever had. She had such a wide range of sounds she could make, it was like she had a vocabulary of her own. Squirt used to vocalize more when she was around. I've noticed since she's been gone, Squirt doesn't talk as much as he used to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lola seems small; I look forward to seeing what develops over the years. She has what I describe as a little acorn head; she has what I call a long, skinny rattail; her vet calls her build "athletic". Her bones are small; she is very brave and adventurous. She doesn't vocalize much, at all. I'm convinced she is busy thinking up what fresh Hell she can get into/cause.
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

of course
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread