+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I have splashed her when I can, and she definitely does not like water.

This gurl definitely pulls me in 2 different directions.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

heehee hee

Cat-Goggles.jpg
    Brooks and inthegarden like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I love that picture! The Mona look too! Thanks for posting it just1paul

We are playing "gut the foam football". I roll the football, my cat pounces, rolls on his back and guts it.

I have three feral cats I feed at my side door every morning. I call them, "Lovey", a small female Tuxedo; "Mr. Stripey", A big male Tabby; and "Patches", a small patchy calico. I've been feeding them and a few others who have come and gone over the last five or more years. I would wait until the dawn came up so all the raccoons, possums and skunks were headed home and make a nice paper plate of wet and dry cat food, spread so all could eat comfortably. I suspected that Lovey was related someway to our two Tuxedos who we rescued from a feral mother on our street. When I would open the door to feed them in the morning Lovey was always propped up against the door and would fall in when the door opened. Over the years she would trust me to pet her a bit. I the last few months we noticed she didn't look well. Her coat was dull and you could feel the bones in her back. About a week ago she suddenly was not there in the morning. Nor the next, nor the next. We figured that she had died of whatever ailed her. We missed her. DH had gotten used to her coming around in the afternoon when he got home and he fed her then, too.

A few days ago I started to smell something funny and, as we have had the experience twice before, we figured a possum had died under the house and we hired a wildlife removal guy to come and take it away. But it wasn't a possum. It was our sweet kitty, Lovey. W didn't know she was living under our house, but we felt comforted that she peacefully died at "home". My heart breaks to lose her just as much as it did for the last two cats we had to put down, ages 20 and 17. She was a beautiful, loving kitty and I am happy that she found love and food every morning at my door.

Gotta go. Tears and heartache. Rest well, little Lovey. See you on the other side.

Punkin, I am so sorry for your loss.
    Punkin likes this.

I am so sorry
    Punkin likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm so sorry for you loss, Punkin. One consolation is that you know what happened to Lovey. One of my cats, a tuxedo cat named Twinkle, went missing a few years ago and I never did find out what happened to her. I don't know if someone took her into their house, if she was hit by a car, hurt by another animal , or what. If I had found her dead, at least I would have gotten closure and been able to say goodbye.

Best wishes to you during this time. No matter how you lose a pet, due to natural causes or an accident, it's always painful.
    Punkin likes this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

I am so sorry punkin ... but like you ... I am glad that Lovey passed in the security of her home and the comfort of knowing people who loved her, who cared and would miss her were close by.

She's leaning on the gate at Rainbow Bridge waiting for your and your hubby's arrival.

Hugs
    Punkin likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I now know that Lola is a Tuxedo cat. I googled pics, and she is definitely one of that group. She's very pretty and kind of funny-looking at the same time.

Rest in peace, Lovey.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-09-2013 at 11:50 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Punkin I'm glad that Lovey found food and love at your door too. She was one of the lucky ones.
    Punkin and Brooks like this.

+ Reply to Thread