+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    They get a special meal and a freedom ride, huh?
    I don't know how long the mouse was in the trap overnight but a sizable piece of cracker and peanut butter was missing. I think he got a pretty good deal.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

If there was a live mouse - even in a trap - in my house, I'd STILL be standing on a chair with my cell phone, shrieking for someone to come and take it away. I'm SUCH a wimp!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    If there was a live mouse - even in a trap - in my house, I'd STILL be standing on a chair with my cell phone, shrieking for someone to come and take it away. I'm SUCH a wimp!
    Get some extra large chairs in case I come to visit!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Well, I took my kitties to the vet today. My credit card took a $500 hit and I found out Squirty has a heart murmur.

It doesn't sound like there's anything to do about the heart murmur but just watch him and bring him in if he starts breathing hard or acting strange. I hope he's going to be alright! I can't afford heroic treatment efforts and I wouldn't have him put down unless he appeared to be suffering. He seems perfectly happy right now. Or as happy as any cat is directly after a bath, which he got when I got home to take care of some fleas.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Well, I took my kitties to the vet today. My credit card took a $500 hit and I found out Squirty has a heart murmur.

It doesn't sound like there's anything to do about the heart murmur but just watch him and bring him in if he starts breathing hard or acting strange. I hope he's going to be alright! I can't afford heroic treatment efforts and I wouldn't have him put down unless he appeared to be suffering. He seems perfectly happy right now. Or as happy as any cat is directly after a bath, which he got when I got home to take care of some fleas.
    How old is squirty?

The only thing I know about heart murmurs is sometimes they can be cuased by thyroid "problems" and lately ... many cats I know l seem to have thyroid issues lately. Also ... if there is any coughing ... be sure to call the vet.

Sorry about the fleas
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Joey had a heart murmur when he became anxious, (going to the vet for instance) but the vet checked a few times during each exam and most of the time she didn't hear it.
    inthegarden likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Squirt's about 12 or 13 years old. I can't remember right off which year I got him, but he's not a kitten. The vet did say not to worry about it, she was just letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Squirt's about 12 or 13 years old. I can't remember right off which year I got him, but he's not a kitten. The vet did say not to worry about it, she was just letting me know.
    My sons cat had a heart murmur, he lived to be 17 years young. I hope squirty will live as long .Keep us posted
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love the name 'Squirt'!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Imagery spooks (a ceiling fan) made a small piece of paper suddenly flutter in front of my cat as he was walking to another sunny window...it made Mr. Macho put his owl ears on and jump straight it the air.
    No, I didn't see you and laugh ... as he puffs his shoulders up and saunters to his sunbeam.
    prhoshay, just1paul and echo226 like this.

+ Reply to Thread