+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1318Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

My poor Juliebelle has fallen TWICE, this morning, out of the window sill while getting excited over seeing an ant crawling behind the closed window. She's been chattering and pacing, just too excited. When I was a teen, I had a gurl, named Tiffany, who couldn't walk anywhere without knocking things off the surface she was walking on. My mother used to constantly refer to here as 'clumsy'.....I can't tell you how much that offended me! I've never had a kitty like that again, until now! She's a precious, walking disaster! "Crash! Boom!" (That's probably what I should have named her.)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Prhoshay, are you sure Tiffany wasn't knocking things over deliberately? Miss Kitty loves to throw stuff on the floor when she wants attention, or decides she wants me to get out of bed NOW.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

No, she wasn't. I'd watch my poor baby walk across, say the back of the toilet and anything on there would crash to the floor; she'd look bewildered! Now, Lola is the gurl who is going to deliberately knock things off surfaces. She has demons in her. Rosemary's Baby Kitty.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

From all the Jackson Galaxy episodes I finally came to understand that top surfaces to any furniture, bookcases, cabinets, etc., do not belong to me and should be maintained in a pristine state as part of the elevated super highway around the room. Except, of course, for those items which should be left on the furniture for batting practice.

I had a waiver for a period when our resident cat was too arthritic to think in 3D, but the current young furballs must be allowed to reclaim their domain.

Apparently all pictures must also be removed from walls and replaced with hanging steps.

I have been negligent with implementing any of these home repairs.
    just1paul likes this.

I simply love all of these stories.
    AZChristian likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My naptime "puzzle pieces" are grooming each other. They can be so precious, but only when they're napping, so it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    From all the Jackson Galaxy episodes I finally came to understand that top surfaces to any furniture, bookcases, cabinets, etc., do not belong to me and should be maintained in a pristine state as part of the elevated super highway around the room. Except, of course, for those items which should be left on the furniture for batting practice.

I had a waiver for a period when our resident cat was too arthritic to think in 3D, but the current young furballs must be allowed to reclaim their domain.

Apparently all pictures must also be removed from walls and replaced with hanging steps.

I have been negligent with implementing any of these home repairs.
    Thank you for the enlightenment.

I know I'm in trouble when I'm being stared at and his stubby tail is thump, thump, thumping.
    If that fails to get my attention, making the large heavy mirror bang repeatedly against the wall works like a charm.
    He must know the superstition of... Breaking a mirror brings you 7 years of bad luck.

I was on my laptop; Dez was sitting on a table at my side, looking, then she started pacing up and down the side of me. Then she started jumping back and forth over my lap. No other gurls in the vicinity. I finally put the computer away, thinking she needed to get on my lap, thus the harassment. She sat and looked at my empty lap for about 15 seconds, then jumped down and went on her merry way. I got it. She didn't want to get on my lap......and she didn't want anything or anybody on my lap occupying my attention. This time, I am the one who is bewildered.

A few years ago I was happily playing on the computer when Miss Kitty decided she needed my attention. She jumped up and sat on the keyboard. She hit the exact right combination of keys to turn the contents of the screen upside down. Fortunately, a phone call to a grandson gave me the correct combination of keys to turn it back. I now keep my keyboard in the drawer and push it back, out of her reach, whenever she comes near.
    Brooks, just1paul and inthegarden like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Ms Trouble finishing of the milk from a bowl of cerealTrouble 08.23.13 cereal.jpg
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread