+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Can I blame it on the full moon? Lately our calico girl Dora is driving everyone nuts by staring at the ceiling in the family room in the evening. Her orange tabby brother TJ assumes Dora would never lie about something like that and he’s obsessed with finding what she’s fixated on. Yeah, we don’t see it either.
    inthegarden likes this.

Miss Kitty discovered a new game last night. I was sitting at my computer desk. My chair is one that swivels. She likes to lay across my shoulder when I am on the computer. Last night she climbed up on my shoulder just as I was about to swivel my chair so I could turn on the TV (which is behind me). When I turned the chair she started to purr. So, I turned it again. Sometimes a half turn, sometimes spinning around 2 or three times. She Loves it! After 5 minutes or so she jumped down and curled up on the desk. An hour later I asked if she would like to spin again. She hopped right back on my shoulder and enjoyed her ride for a good 5 minutes before jumping down. Weird cat.

Brooks, I had a cat who stared at a spot on the wall. He did it for years. I never had a clue why.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

My princess used to love laying in boxes... and she really loved when I would push her in her box. She would get real low.... just face sticking out of the box and when the box would stop moving, she would turn around in the other direction and meow... as if saying "push me again".
    Sometimes I would find her trying to push herself... with one paw (like rowing a boat). She never went far. Then she would jump out of the box and just move the box.
    inthegarden likes this.

I got a kick out of this. Hope some others might enjoy.

Little Girl's Best Friend Is A Skunk | Watch the video - Yahoo! Screen
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The gentler, sometimes saner, Juliebelle has not been blessed with her sister's athletic abilities, thank goodness. Juliebelle seems to carefully watch Lola, trying to pick up tips on form. Juliebelle does not have her sister's vertical leap and usually falls short of her goal. This morning, at about 5:30, while I was still laying in bed, I saw this head come flying up and these two front paws grabbing for the bedpost....of course, she did not make it. Shortly, after that miss, she came running across the bed and did one of Lola's flying leaps (all legs extended) and latched onto the bedpost and slid down; she made it! I expect her skills to get better as she gets older, but that still remains to be seen. I'm just glad that Juliebelle is not an actual littermate to Lola! There were other whacko males that looked JUST LIKE Lola; I can't imagine having 2 of those demonics! I handled them, and they were as crazy and loony as she was! My gurls ARE precious and mushy, though.
    inthegarden and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Lola takes after her namesake with her high kicks and agility.

My cat hates to be combed. He can't fool me, I know he loves it, he can't stop himself from purring the whole time with half closed eyes. He lays on one side and waits while I comb him. Purring. I tell him to rollover and let me comb the other side. He lays there for a minute like he's thinking...he jumps up runs around and pretends to leave the room only to run back over plop down on the other side to have it combed.
    Big fake.
    prhoshay, Brooks and AZChristian like this.

I decided to take an nap in bed this afternoon. Usually if I take n afternoon nap like that it will be just dozing on the sofa or something.

Anyway all of a sudden I was feeling little butterfly kisses on my nose ... and my dog sniffing ... to see if I was still breathing I guess.

She backed away a little when I awakened ... and then came back very carefully and gave me a proper "kiss" on my nose and cheek.

I swear she was concerned because afternoon bed naps are not common. I love this dog.

By the way, at this point we are managing all of this stuff going on with just a very low fat diet.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

My poor Juliebelle....she just tried to leap up on my dresser that is only about 3' tall. Crash, boom! Dash out of the room, and slink out of the room...unseen. In fairness to her, she does usually approach it from completely different direction. It kind of hurts my heart!

She disappeared for about 10 minutes; she's back.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Why can I not go into the bathroom by myself for ANYTHING??? It seems I always have to be supervised, no matter what I am going in there to do.

My dogs love to sit in the bathroom with me, shower or bath ( and anything else) they are both right there
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread