+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Hi echo, milk thistle is primarily known for liver support. It may do other things as well.
    I just looked around and this list is from an animal hospital in Reno, NV. You are correct as usualy . It is mostly for liver support ... but maybe also for pancreatitis and holding off diabetes. Some of her blood results are indicative of Pancreatitis ... so maybe it will do double duty.

Here is their list:

Chronic Liver disease
    Acute Hepatitis
    Viral Hepatitis
    Liver poisonings including aflatoxins
    When using drugs that can injure the liver (NSAIDS, Phenobarbitol)
    Preventative in animals with history of liver disease
    Early stages of liver enzyme elevation
    Lead and Zinc poisoning
    Inflammatory cardiac (Heart) diseases
    Kidney disease
    Immune modulation
    Antioxidation
    Delays the onset and severity of diabetes
    Effective for pancreatitis
    Liver cirrhosis
    Fatty Liver

Information credit here: Milk Thistle For Pets
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Brooks and all .... Regarding Milk Thistle ...

I just realized that my dog has already been taking Milk thistle in a product called Denamarin by Nutramax.

The Product contains S-Adenosylmethionine (225 mg) and Silybin A + B (24 mg)
    That is the dosage they consider appropriate for medium dogs (13 to 34 lbs)
    Brooks likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I'm here
    I would let him come and go inside for now. Feed him indoors only. Give him his own cat proofed space inside which includes cozy crate for a bed, litter boxes, food, water, perch, scratching post, and interesting toys. He might gradually move indoors own his own. This way it will be his choice and he won't feel trapped and resort to destructive behavior to get back outside. A lot of active indoor playtime helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I don't recall who was talking about those cat enclosures ... but wouldn't that be nice .... or a nice transition and the cat could come and go?
    I commented on the cat enclosures. They can sit outside on your deck, patio or porch. They are pricy, but you could make your own. They have a tunnel that the cat goes through to get to the enclosure and the litter box is located there. I'm not sure if that would be more or less complicated for the cat. They have to learn to enter the tunnel from inside the house.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So today, as I am laying on the bed and Lola decides to speed across my FACE....I get TOES in my mouth. She moves so quickly that I generally don't know that she is coming.

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    So today, as I am laying on the bed and Lola decides to speed across my FACE....I get TOES in my mouth. She moves so quickly that I generally don't know that she is coming.
    I applaud her for inventing her own agility course and practicing so diligently at it. LOL

prhoshay ... I just love these cats ... and your stories about them. Actually ... they are kittens right?

Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

4-month-ish. Drat these damn gurls! I've had kittens before, but never anything like these brats. After running across my face and dipping her gross toes in my mouth, the heathen snuggled up to my side for a nap. I couldn't be mad then.
    Photobabe likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I wish you knew how to post pictures so we could see the little "darlings".

I woke up this morning with Minerva sleeping across my lap and the two little ones lined up between my legs. I didn't want to move! I managed to sit up without dislodging anyone and pet them for a good 20 min. before I got up to make coffee. I don't usually sleep on my back, but I may have to start. One big happy family.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread