+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I have shared with Im here on the side that I think working with an animal communicator could be particularly valuable. Its the ideal situation ASK the cat whats bothering him, what he needs, why hes acting this way. Perhaps a better arrangement can be negotiated. Or it may confirm that its unlikely to be resolved.

I found a discussion I had a few years ago about a similar cat obsessed with going outside, although that one was more depressed about it. Without doing anything it would have affected his health, but he did respond very positively to the following two approaches

1. Reiki attunement. It put him in a much better emotional frame of mind, more accepting. The Yahoo forum Reiki_On does free attunements. Just sign up on the database. The pet attunement is the third Friday of each month, so coming up this week. (I think all our pets should be attuned.)

2. A tailored flower essence combination in the Australian Bush flower essence series: Boronia (to release obsessive thoughts; to break addictive or compulsive behavior patterns); Bauhinia (resistance to change, new ideas and ways of doing things); Bottlebrush (for major turning points and transitions in life; let go of the past, accept what has changed in life, adapt and cope with the change, and move on; break old habits and addictive behavior or patterns). Boab probably also would have helped (for the possible miasmatic influence that can result in wanderlust)
    inthegarden likes this.

Thanks everybody! She's a special girl.
    That's my Baby in my avatar. Trixie the kitty had to get in the pictures too. Trixie's favorite thing is to cuddle with Baby and give her baths. In the year I've had Trixie, she doesn't go too far from Baby's side.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

OoOoOoOoO... flower essence... I need some of that!

No doubt, I'm going to sound clueless... but, at times, I can be. If I only knew where to get such essence... what would I do with it? Is it like Feliway? Or do I soak the cat in it (just kidding of course on that one)! Sprinkle it in the house?

Having a clueless moment....

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Thanks everybody! She's a special girl.
    That's my Baby in my avatar. Trixie the kitty had to get in the pictures too. Trixie's favorite thing is to cuddle with Baby and give her baths. In the year I've had Trixie, she doesn't go too far from Baby's side.
    Oh my. That story of how you rescued Baby is so touching. You will certainly be blessed for your devotion to that little one. Not many people have the patience for that. I'm so glad she got saved and has had a wonderful and happy life since.

Ref. training the outdoor cat for indoors.
    First, I will say that my cousin adopted a formerly feral cat and the cat never fully adapted to using a litter box. She is indoors all the time, but will only use the litter box once in awhile. She is VERY resistant and also sprays urine all over most everything inside.

However, I have read lots of tips on converting. I think they suggested that you do it gradually and at first you put dirt, like from outside in the litter box, so the cat understands what it's for. Then you gradually put litter until finally it's all litter and no dirt.

Also, never scold the cat if it doesn't use the litter box as it will not help. Place the litter box in a quiet place so the cat will not be afraid to enter it. Also, you might find one of the cat's stool outside and put it in the indoor litter box to stimulate it to go there.

If you aren't sure the cat is urinating in the litter box, you can get a black light bulb, turn out the lights and scan the floors and walls. It will glow under the light.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    If I only knew where to get such essence... what would I do with it? Is it like Feliway? Or do I soak the cat in it (just kidding of course on that one)! Sprinkle it in the house?
    The Australian Bush flower essences are usually only available online (you may be able to find Bach locally but I don't think Bach is nearly as strong or effective).

What I described does not come as a commercial combination so you would purchase the individual essences in stock concentrate and make up a dosing bottle. Just expensive enough I'm going to repeat my suggestion to work with a communicator so you can finetune what essences might be needed. Dosing might be a few drops applied to the top center of the head (chakra point) or a variety of other ways that might include misting his environment or adding drops to his water or food (not as effective). I think dosing him directly would be the best way to go. It's a vibrational energy so it doesn't need to be ingested.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    The Australian Bush flower essences are usually only available online (you may be able to find Bach locally but I don't think Bach is nearly as strong or effective).

What I described does not come as a commercial combination so you would purchase the individual essences in stock concentrate and make up a dosing bottle. Just expensive enough I'm going to repeat my suggestion to work with a communicator so you can finetune what essences might be needed. Dosing might be a few drops applied to the top center of the head (chakra point) or a variety of other ways that might include misting his environment or adding drops to his water or food (not as effective). I think dosing him directly would be the best way to go. It's a vibrational energy so it doesn't need to be ingested.

I googled it... and found a website that you can pick 3 types and I suppose it will be mixed together.

Can you imagine IF I soaked the cat entirely... we wouldn't even recognized the cat. (of course I'm joking again).

Although, I might soak myself in it... and really surprise my hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I googled it... and found a website that you can pick 3 types and I suppose it will be mixed together.
    Yes, some of the suppliers are willing to make up customized dosing bottles. Understand it's likely to come with a lot of alcohol in it, needed as a preservative. That's one reason not to give orally, and some cats don't like the smell of alcohol around them. The stock concentrates also come with alcohol, but making up your own dosing bottles lets you make them with or without any preservative. Without, would probably best be kept in the refrigerator.
    Although, I might soak myself in it... and really surprise my hubby.
    Better yet, soak hubby (or spike his beer) and see if he becomes more flexible about your needs. ;^)

Some essences work faster than others. I would dose at least twice a day (if kitty comes around) for at least 2 weeks or more.

Brooks You have mentioned Milk Thistle a couple of times ... and I am going to see what the vet wants because there is so much going on, so I want to suggest this.

I read a little about it and it sounds like it might be helpful for a number of things for her. Thank you!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Hi echo, milk thistle is primarily known for liver support. It may do other things as well.

I don't recall who was talking about those cat enclosures ... but wouldn't that be nice .... or a nice transition and the cat could come and go?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread