+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

What a handsome dog! Very nice indeed. I'm sorry for your loss.

I had a boxer named Tiger as a child. He was a sweetheart and I have fond memories of him.

I noticed that some of you have pet doors. I'm curious because my parents are thinking of getting a pet. Probably a cat. The problem is they have no use for a litter box. They don't want one inside and they cannot allow their cat outside. It's just not feasible.

I discovered these outdoor cat enclosures that allows you to keep your litter box. You can see there is a tunnel that connects to your house so the cat has easy access. I'm just curious as to whether any of you have any experience with this type of thing.

Oh, I'm posting this link as for demonstation purposes. I'm not promoting the product, nor do I have any knowledge about it.

Suncatcher-Walk-In-Outdoor-Cat-Enclosures-Cat-Cages-Cat-Condos-Home
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-08-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm curious because my parents are thinking of getting a pet. Probably a cat. The problem is they have no use for a litter box. They don't want one inside and they cannot allow their cat outside. It's just not feasible.
    I'm glad they wouldn't consider letting the cat loose outside, but even if a cat enclosure (might be a terrific idea) could accommodate a litter box, it doesn't sounds as though they're interested in the responsibility of a pet. Pets, like children, can be messy, whether it's a litter box or something else.
    prhoshay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I noticed that some of you have pet doors. I'm curious because my parents are thinking of getting a pet. Probably a cat. The problem is they have no use for a litter box. They don't want one inside and they cannot allow their cat outside. It's just not feasible.

I discovered these outdoor cat enclosures that allows you to keep your litter box. You can see there is a tunnel that connects to your house so the cat has easy access. I'm just curious as to whether any of you have any experience with this type of thing.

Oh, I'm posting this link as for demonstation purposes. I'm not promoting the product, nor do I have any knowledge about it.

Suncatcher-Walk-In-Outdoor-Cat-Enclosures-Cat-Cages-Cat-Condos-Home
    I don't have any kitties. I enjoy them vicariously through my SIL, a close friend and all of you here.

But I do want to say that those enclosures are pretty great options. I have a friend whose late husband built something like that right outside a window.
    I can't recall if that home was split level or it was a basement window ... but it fascinated me and I thought it was a nice thing to do for the cat.

Some people have homes that are small and so it's difficult to accommodate an indoor litter box. One friend has a really hard time because there are 2 cats, one of whom has decided she wants her own separate box or she will use the kitchen floor! She has one box in the laundry room ... and I think she has decide to put the other in her bathroom. It can be a dilemma.
    .............................. .............................. .............................. ........

Gut ... Those kittens all sound so pretty. How many kittens are there? I think we need a picture of the litter!
    There is an adoption center/shelter that has an intake location ... in southern Illinois ... and an adoption center in Northwest Chicago.

They have loads and loads of Kittens and puppies. Many of the adults are not "Senior" animals ... but young adults.
    I am not sure ... but I think they go and get them from "kill" shelters and then bring them to various places for adoption events.

They can be "reserved" on line.

Can I post a link here or is that against the rules?

.............................. .............................. ................

PGM Both your friend and the dog were gorgeous. I think it is so sad for you ... and I think it is a blessing that they can be together.
    I think the pup went to find her!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks for your input about the cat closures.

I think my parents will go with an adult pet, whether it's a dog or cat. They are able to care for an animal and keep the litter box clean, they just don't want it in the house. Their house is pretty large, but they just don't want one inside. The enclosure they would put on the deck would be just an extra area for the cat to have room. We have mild weather here, so it would get use most all year.

My dad misses this stray cat that he saved from being crushed by a bulldozer when it was a kitten. My dad moved the litter to a shed, because the mom was away. She was feral. Mom found the litter and raised the kittens. One stayed around to adulthood and my dad worked on taming him. Eventually, the cat would come inside the house for short periods. They were so close. I have a photo I'll try to post sometime of this cat and a neigbor's rooster hanging out on my parent's deck together! Sadly, the cat just disappeared one day. My dad has really grieved. We are waiting for just the right time and just the right cat. My parents have some medical things going on right now, but if they can't care for the pet, I'll step in.

I could never, ever, ever have an outdoor cat. I'd be a wreck every time it left the house.

I get nervous when my dog goes out in the yard and is behind a tree and I can't see her. I am just overly protective.
    just1paul likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I could never, ever, ever have an outdoor cat. I'd be a wreck every time it left the house.

I get nervous when my dog goes out in the yard and is behind a tree and I can't see her. I am just overly protective.

Amen!
    prhoshay likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to have a cat the liked to go outdoors. At one residence, she would run out the door and go to the same spot, every time, and wait for one of us to come and get her! Hilarious! When we (my son, really) would bring her back indoors, she'd turn around and jump at him and slap at his foot! That's as bad as her attitude got.

At the next residence, she'd wait while I'd go out and close my gate; when I'd tell her she could go out, she'd make a mad dash. I'd stand in the door and keep an eye on her; she'd circle the perimeter of the yard, sniffing around, come back and lay down on the driveway. I'd let her lay there for a few minutes, open the door, and say "Come on!", and she'd run right back in, content with her excursion. She tried to run up !a tree once but, having no claws, she slid right back down, like she was on a sliding board; she only did that once. She did not seem disturbed by it; I laughed! She got sassy one day and ran outside, without my permission, when it was about 6 degrees, being Miss Smartass. She turned around and looked me on the eyeball, started to sit down, but she never let her butt get to that ground, looking at me the whole time; I opened the door and said, "Get your butt back in here!"....she flew up those steps!

What would I do without my gurls????
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Be very very bored.

A (very grateful) woman came to take my orange kitten yesterday. Her 10-yr old son is getting another kitten, but they wanted two together. I had told her about both of the ones that were available and she had done some research and told me the white and orange one is called a flame point Siamese. I've since done some interesting research myself and have decided to keep him, too. He's the one called Skipperdee that I was originally going to keep. I'm so thrilled. People who have flame points rave about their personalities. Has anyone here ever had one?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=flam...w=1555&bih=789
    Count your blessings!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

What beautiful coloring. I would have kept that one too.
    I had a flame point Himalayan. He was a sweetheart.
    My yellow cats are both male and have the best personalities. Teddy is a very pale almost creamy yellow. He is lovable and loves to have his belly rubbed. Mack (attack), his brother, is darker and thinks he is the ruler of all and my circus cat...He very smart and will do what I ask him to do, Jump up here, come, go inside, go to your crate. When we are outside and he is sitting on his perch, I can pat my shoulder and say come on and he sits on my shoulder until we get inside. Both of them are very vocal.
    Brooks likes this.

+ Reply to Thread