+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

NorwIndian - what a silver lining for your situation! You have the time to give her 24/7 attention.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

NorwIndian You and Kaylee were meant to find each other. Hugs to you both.
    NorwIndian likes this.

Thank you guys. I just needed to come and vent about it. I was heart broken and soooo mad at the same time.

Inthegarden, I think she and I are meant to be together. She was the first dog I saw on the rescue website and those big sad brown eyes were calling me mama!
    There's such a difference in those eyes now. They are so bright and sparkly now. I hope she truly knows how loved and safe she is now.
    I may be a 98 pound weakling but I dare anybody to try to hurt her now.

Thanks again. I've come to really, really like this place and all of you. I feel supported and understood here.
    Thank you for that.

Gutmutter, that is an excellent point! I've actually thought of that many times. I have nothing but time to devote to my girl right now. She doesn't leave my bed much, just to eat and go out her door to go to the bathroom. I throw her toys from the bed, that's how we play at the moment.
    She seems content to just lay next to me and be cuddled.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 08-05-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    M_shelll likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Trust what you see in your pup. Good for you, both!
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

NorwIndianYou and Kaylee were meant for each other. Taking care of you is her (current) purpose ... and being there for her is one of yours. I'll bet your Granddaughter loved cuddling with the both of you too.

I'll bet the woman who fostered her called because she needed to vent a some too. I know I am silently screaming inside ... I can't understand how people can do such cruel things.

But something brought those men to that pet shelter and that fence ... which brought the two of you together.

Something guided them there and not to a river or something worse. ... So you and Kaylee ending up together is not just a coincidence ... you know ?
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Thank you Echo, that made me feel better. I am glad they chose the shelter too. I'll always be grateful to the rescue for allowing me to be her mama.
    My granddaughter loved Harley, she cries sometimes still and says she's worried about him. She loves Kaylee just as much now.
    Echo, you're right, she loves cuddling with Kaylee. She always brings her hair bows over to put on her. Kaylee is as sweet and gentle with the kids as Harley was.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 08-06-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Echo, any news on your baby girl?

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Echo, any news on your baby girl?
    Well ... the vet called and it's one of those no news things.

They did an ultraSound guided fine needle aspirate of her liver. They did tell me it only provided conclusive and definitive results about 60% of the time ... and we fell into the 40%. The good news is the cells they saw were "unremarkable" so while they can't completely rule out what I was fearing ... they can say that although her liver is enlarged ... it is less likely that there is c ... and I can't say the word. But they also can't tell if there is an infection or an inflammation.

So ....the vet is going to send me copies of all of the reports. I have the bloodwork results and need the ultrasound and that liver test reports. I will look at them and then either discuss at length on the phone ... or just go and meet with the Vet and we will plan a course of action, and I can ask all the questions.

I am certain some of the poor bloodwork results can possibly be improved/ managed with diet. We are going to try an anti-biotic in case there is an infection.

I have made it clear that I would like to try managing things naturally and not pumping her full of steroids etc., which is frequently the go to for pets.

So ... while it's not perfect news ... it is not terrible news.

Clinically she is doing well. She looks bright eyed, high tailed and happy. She eats well and eliminates well and that's all good.

I just want to try to stay positive because I do not want to lose her ... and she knows when I am upset.

I'll know I'll have more to add at the end of this week or early next week ... but thank you and thanks all for sticking with me here and for caring.
    Last edited by echo226; 08-06-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Aww , of course we care. I am glad it wasn't terrible news. Dogs are so wonderful at sensing when we are upset.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I care very much. I'm a big big animal lover and I know the bond we have with them. I can feel the pain of the unknown that you're feeling. You just want to know so you know how to deal with it.

I care about you too, you were the first one who reached out to me here and you made me feel so welcome.

I completely understand how you can't say the c word. I still say that Harley "left", I can't say the d word and his name in the same sentence.

My good thoughts and hugs keep coming your way, to you and your girl. Stay positive.

+ Reply to Thread