+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1336Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Excellent - thank you, Brooks! Tanker is 11 years old and is just now having dental issues, poor thing. I didn't even know until I noticed his breath was getting bad! I had his blood work done when he went in for the cleaning and other than that, he's very healthy. Having his coat brushed and canned tuna are his two favorite things in the world, so I'll use those as rewards.

I'll check out that fragaria 6C, it looks easy enough to get. My vet did recommend some kind of enzymatic rinse in addition to brushing.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Waywrd, did you have a urinalysis done for Tanker (love that name!)? That's as important as bloodwork when they're older. Urine specific gravity.

I'm sure he'll be happy that you found an excuse to give him extra treats. ;^)

I can't remember - will have to check his paperwork when I get home. The vet did a full workup, so I'm assuming so.

He had that name when I got him from the SPCA. I thought it was cute. And it fits, he's a big old thing.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Please start now thinking good thoughts and saying some prayers.

My little 12 year-old little baby girl dog has to go to the vet on Friday morning for a repeat ultrasound.

Had issues with what blood work says is probably pancreatitis ... but we have been managing it with diet (single protein, vegetarian, and low grain) and all of a sudden some levels have risen again.

She has had lumps for a while ... but benign.

recently she developed a little cough/gaggy sound, so they did a chest X-ray ... and because she is a small dog ... the film picked up part of her abdomen.

The thorax/lungs look okay ... but the abdomen indicated that her heart may be slightly enlarged ... but her LIVER is enlarged. They are not saying it straight out ... but they want to rule out a "suspected" hepatic (liver) mass.

Prayers please. I love this dog.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by echo226; 07-30-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Oh echo, I am so sorry. healing good thoughts for your fur baby.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

echo, I'm so sorry, your pup has a lot going on. Please let us know what you find out. If the liver is "merely" overtaxed by everything else going on, milk thistle is an awesome support.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So, this morning, I awaken to Lola "Marching To Pretoria"....let's change that to "Sprinting to Pretoria" in the top of my head. She had placed herself between my headboard and the top of my head, and it was ON. I thought it would be a momentary thing, so I tried to ignore her. She was there, and not thinking about going away. She got hurled off the bed this morning. At this age, they don't seem to get hurt feelings, and I feel worse about whatever she's done than she does. She just bounces up and goes flying off, at a full gallop, in another direction.

Juliebelle is much more gentle with me than Lola is.

Lola Falana is very small, with a long, black ratlike tail, long skinny legs, and small feet. Rather a funny-looking kitty. She always reminds me of an old Joe Tex song called (I think) "Skinny Legs and All". My mother used to get a big kick out of that song!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Echo, I don't pray, but I'm definitely keeping you and your girl in my thoughts.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Please start now thinking good thoughts and saying some prayers.

My little 12 year-old little baby girl dog has to go to the vet on Friday morning for a repeat ultrasound.

Had issues with what blood work says is probably pancreatitis ... but we have been managing it with diet (single protein, vegetarian, and low grain) and all of a sudden some levels have risen again.

She has had lumps for a while ... but benign.

recently she developed a little cough/gaggy sound, so they did a chest X-ray ... and because she is a small dog ... the film picked up part of her abdomen.

The thorax/lungs look okay ... but the abdomen indicated that her heart may be slightly enlarged ... but her LIVER is enlarged. They are not saying it straight out ... but they want to rule out a "suspected" hepatic (liver) mass.

Prayers please. I love this dog.

Thanks all.
    Echo - definitely sending prayers and positive thoughts. Let me know how everything is going.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Blessings for pup.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread