+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

It's been too bloody hot and muggy to walk the kitties outside (finally some respite this morning). Since the window a/c unit manages to keep the rest of the house tolerable, the kits have no idea what it's been like outside and why they have been housebound.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I would have suggested that too ... except we had a power outage so nothing was working! Missed you all here.

Since I do have AC ... the house stayed fairly comfortable over night, but today it started to get really warm but then the power went on!
    The dog was pretty much panting for 20 hours. Also, the smoke alarms started to chirp and drove her crazy until we could disarm them

Anyway ... "you don't know what you've got until you lose it."

I love my AC.
    I always keep older face cloths in the freezer, then when our power was out, I just put them around the dogs, they loved it
    just1paul likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I always keep older face cloths in the freezer, then when our power was out, I just put them around the dogs, they loved it
    How did you keep the freezer running with no power? Generator?

I didn't plug my refrigerator in to the generator for about 12 hours. Reason is it is sort of a mock built in ... and we have to pull it way out into the small kitchen to get the plug out and it becomes really difficult. The odd news is that this time and the last time this happened ... the power was restored within a few hours of pulling the frig out.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

How did you keep the freezer running with no power? Generator?

I didn't plug my refrigerator in to the generator for about 12 hours. Reason is it is sort of a mock built in ... and we have to pull it way out into the small kitchen to get the plug out and it becomes really difficult. The odd news is that this time and the last time this happened ... the power was restored within a few hours of pulling the frig out.
    LOL no, the freezer stays verrrry cold for a long time, even when the power goes out
    -Andy Rooney-

I just had a good experience with, of all things, a pet food company. My cat, Miss Kitty, will not eat anything except a particular brand of dry cat food. A while back this brand had a recall of all their dry food products due to salmonella found in one batch. Trouble is, Miss Kitty refused to eat anything else. The pet store where I buy the food was very helpful in selecting food with a similar formula and very good about taking back bags of food she refused to eat. Within in a week I could see where she was loosing weight. Her normal weight is 8 pounds so any weight loss is noticeable. She would take one or 2 nibbles of whatever food I put down for her and walk away.

I checked the company website and found that they were back in production so I called their customer service to ask when I could expect to find it in stores. Turns out they ship to distributers and there is a fairly long gap between the company shipping and arrival in stores. I told the rep how concerned I was about Miss Kitty and she was very sympathetic and promised to send me some coupons. The coupons will be most welcome, but first I have to find the product! A few days later I came to find a package on my front porch. The company sent me a whole bag of the food! Miss Kitty and I were both overjoyed!!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

That is great news Photobabe! When I started reading your post I was afraid she had gotten sick from the recalled food. I'm so glad that isn't what happened. That company is truly concerned and compassionate about their business.
    Photobabe likes this.

I agree, that's so nice to her Photobabe. I do love it when a company does things like this. It makes you feel more valued( as their customer) I am happy for you, and Miss Kitty
    Photobabe likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Isn't it interesting how the food can get to your door so quickly, but it takes a ton of time to get to the stores? Does Amazon sell it?

My Lola Falana is driving me crazy. She is all over the place, like kittens tend to be, but I've never seen/had a kitten as amped up as this one is. She hurtles herself through the air with outstretched legs, rather like a ninja, and lands on her unspecting target, be it ME or the other gurls.

Juliebelle looks to lay next to me for safety, and I don't blame her. Dez is being herded like a sheep, all over the house, but doesn't seem unhappy about it. I've got more scratches on my shoulders than should be legal. Pray for my patience! It is wearing thin.
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

NorwIndian

The same name game with "Poppy " ... made me think if you left Kaylee's name as Poppy .... every time you called for her your husband would come running too!

I agree with Brooks regarding the possible absence of coincidence. We do have a book forum here ... but if I may suggest it here ... you might like a book called
    " A Dog's Purpose: A Novel for Humans" by W. Bruce Cameron. Easy reading but sometimes hard to put down.

See you somewhere.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for recommending that book! In the past 2 days, I've read it and the sequel A Dogs Journey.
    Two of the best I've ever read! Thank you!
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

If I may suggest it here ... you might like a book called
    " A Dog's Purpose: A Novel for Humans" by W. Bruce Cameron. Easy reading but sometimes hard to put down.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for recommending that book! In the past 2 days, I've read it and the sequel A Dogs Journey.
    Two of the best I've ever read! Thank you!
    You are most welcome and I am SO glad you enjoyed them both. (Fast reading there!)

I just adored "Purpose" and the sequel "Journey".

They are wonderful books and in a way comforting. I keep looking for past pets' spirits now.

I've also read Emory's gift which is good but a little different ... and I am looking forward to "The Dogs of Christmas" being released later this year!
    Last edited by echo226; 07-28-2013 at 12:41 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread