+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1318Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Apricat , Creamsicle & Cheeto ... all from the orange cat page this site Orange Cat Names, Orange Kitten Names which you may be familiar with.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Hi fellow animal lovers, I'm new here and I think this will be my favorite section. I'm a huge animal lover. I prefer them to people in most cases.
    My orange kitty, who passed last year was named Pumpkin.
    But don't listen to me, I've had a black cat named Snowball, 2 white cats named Blacky and Midnight and an iguana named fluffy.
    Orange cats are my favorite. They have that extra dollop of crazy in them.

I had a Border Collie named Harley. He was born June 2nd 2000, the same day my mom died. His mother rejected him from the litter so he came to me at a little over 3 weeks old. He helped me get through the death of my mom and my dad 8 months later. He was my shadow. If you saw me, you'd see him too. We didn't spend more than 8 hours apart in 12 years. He even went into the bathroom. If I didn't let him in, he would whine and scratch at the door until I opened it. I swear I didn't use the bathroom alone for 12 years. Lol.
    I was a dog groomer and certified trainer until I was injured a few month ago so Harley even went to work with me.
    We had to put him down last June. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. I still talk to him and cry every day. I have a 17 year old chihuahua that was my daughters dog, but being so old and ornery, she didn't do well when my granddaughter was born, so she came to live with me, but I swore that I would never get another dog of my own. Ever. The end just hurts way too much. I packed up Harley's things and my daughter took them to her house. I knew I'd never get another dog but I couldn't part with them.
    Fast forward 6 months, I honestly don't remember how I got there but I was looking at the Facebook page of the Northern Calif Border Collie rescue. The first one I saw was a sad looking female and I kept scrolling. I probably looked at 30 of them available in my area. I went back to the first one and noticed her name, it was Poppy, which is the name I've called my husband since we met. Hmmm. I kept looking at the page and seeing other dogs but kept going back to that first one.
    Those big sad brown eyes just did me in. I filled out the application and drove 3 hours just to meet her, this was just a meet up to see if the dog and I liked each other. The minute I saw her she jumped in the car on my lap and I brought her home that day.
    Her name is now Kaylee and she's a 5 year old red Border Collie, she was badly abused and neglected. Whoever dumped her at the shelter threw her over a 7 foot fence and broke her leg.
    She's now a much loved, spoiled, pampered, very happy member of the family who has a tail wag for everybody she meets.
    I'm so happy I changed my mind.
    I look forward to reading all of your pet stories!
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 07-17-2013 at 04:02 AM.
    Jamie5632, PGM35 and Photobabe like this.

NorwIndian -
    (I've been wanting to do that for you)
    I just had to put my Japanese Chin (dog) down last June, too, so I can feel your pain. I cried over your story about Poppy. So glad she found you.
    Thank you EVERYBODY for the name ideas! There are some great ones in the links you posted. I don't know why I was so blocked on ideas, although I'm still considering Skipperdee. It's just fun to say, and one of my favorite parts of the Eloise books when I was little. I'll let you know what I eventually decide.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

NorwIndian We're always happy to welcome a new animal lover. Your expertise in grooming and training will be a great addition and I look forward to your posts. I'm sure you have plenty of stories to tell and we love to read them.
    I agree with you, I prefer animals over most people too.

After reading about you and Harley, I'm so glad that Poppy now know as Kaylee decided to adopt you.
    It is so heartbreaking when you lose a companion like Harley. The joy that you experience while they are a part of your life is irreplaceable.
    NorwIndian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Many are also part of the Orange Cat Contingent. Are you familiar with that? They are definitely special.

I had a Border Collie named Harley. He was born June 2nd 2000, the same day my mom died.
    That doesn't tend to be a coincidence. Or that Kaylee's name was originally Poppy and kept attracting you back to her. You were destined to be together, and have been before. Maybe numerous occasions. You never lost Harley. Or your mom. ;^)
    NorwIndian likes this.

Many are also part of the Orange Cat Contingent. Are you familiar with that? They are definitely special
    I will have to google that .My own Mr Musk was an orange cat- and very very special to me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

NorwIndian

The same name game with "Poppy " ... made me think if you left Kaylee's name as Poppy .... every time you called for her your husband would come running too!

I agree with Brooks regarding the possible absence of coincidence. We do have a book forum here ... but if I may suggest it here ... you might like a book called
    " A Dog's Purpose: A Novel for Humans" by W. Bruce Cameron. Easy reading but sometimes hard to put down.

See you somewhere.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Many are also part of the Orange Cat Contingent. Are you familiar with that? They are definitely special.

I've never heard of that nor know what that is... *off she goes to google Orange Cat Contingent*

I'm especially curious now because one of my ferals outside is a super fluffy orange cat. Looks like a MaineCoon.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    NorwIndian

The same name game with "Poppy " ... made me think if you left Kaylee's name as Poppy .... every time you called for her your husband would come running too!

I agree with Brooks regarding the possible absence of coincidence. We do have a book forum here ... but if I may suggest it here ... you might like a book called
    " A Dog's Purpose: A Novel for Humans" by W. Bruce Cameron. Easy reading but sometimes hard to put down.

See you somewhere.
    That's exactly why we changed her name! Lol. She got the name from her foster family and hadn't had it long. She responds to Kaylee like it's always been her name. It's also like she's been with us forever, she fits right into our little family perfectly. I look at her and she's so sweet and loving. I'd love to have 5 minutes alone with just me, a baseball bat and the scum that abused her.

I love to read, I'm going to download that book. Thanks for the suggestion. Reading Marley and Me made me cry like a baby so I've avoided dog books since then, but I'll try this one.
    Thanks for all of the kind words about my Harley. I too don't believe it's a coincidence. Harley and Kaylee were both meant to be mine. I went through a lot of guilt when I decided to adopt Kaylee. I felt like I was betraying my Harley, then a friend sent me "a dogs last will and testament" it's beautiful and it helped with my guilty feelings. I think Harley would be happy that Kaylee and,I found each other.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 07-17-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Hi fellow animal lovers, I'm new here and I think this will be my favorite section. I'm a huge animal lover. I prefer them to people in most cases.
    My orange kitty, who passed last year was named Pumpkin.
    But don't listen to me, I've had a black cat named Snowball, 2 white cats named Blacky and Midnight and an iguana named fluffy.

I had a Border Collie named Harley. He was born June 2nd 2000, the same day my mom died. His mother rejected him from the litter so he came to me at a little over 3 weeks old. He helped me get through the death of my mom and my dad 8 months later. He was my shadow. If you saw me, you'd see him too. We didn't spend more than 8 hours apart in 12 years. He even went into the bathroom. If I didn't let him in, he would whine and scratch at the door until I opened it. I swear I didn't use the bathroom alone for 12 years. Lol.
    I was a dog groomer and certified trainer until I was injured a few month ago so Harley even went to work with me.
    We had to put him down last June. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. I still talk to him and cry every day. I have a 17 year old chihuahua that was my daughters dog, but being so old and ornery, she didn't do well when my granddaughter was born, so she came to live with me, but I swore that I would never get another dog of my own. Ever. The end just hurts way too much. I packed up Harley's things and my daughter took them to her house. I knew I'd never get another dog but I couldn't part with them.
    Fast forward 6 months, I honestly don't remember how I got there but I was looking at the Facebook page of the Northern Calif Border Collie rescue. The first one I saw was a sad looking female and I kept scrolling. I probably looked at 30 of them available in my area. I went back to the first one and noticed her name, it was Poppy, which is the name I've called my husband since we met. Hmmm. I kept looking at the page and seeing other dogs but kept going back to that first one.
    Those big sad brown eyes just did me in. I filled out the application and drove 3 hours just to meet her, this was just a meet up to see if the dog and I liked each other. The minute I saw her she jumped in the car on my lap and I brought her home that day.
    Her name is now Kaylee and she's a 5 year old red Border Collie, she was badly abused and neglected. Whoever dumped her at the shelter threw her over a 7 foot fence and broke her leg.
    She's now a much loved, spoiled, pampered, very happy member of the family who has a tail wag for everybody she meets.
    I'm so happy I changed my mind.
    I look forward to reading all of your pet stories!
    OMG I cried when I read this too! So glad you found each other!

+ Reply to Thread