+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

My cats don't seem to care much about the fireworks, but my dog is super tense tonight. It got to the point that I put in laundry to create "white noise" to dampen the booms. One up side is that he didn't dawdle at potty break time...he was out the door, did his business, and back in the house in record time.

My dog never used to spook, but she is getting older ... just turned 12. She is just nervous and a little "panty".

Poor thing went out and ran right back in in without doing her business. ... we tried 3 times and the poor baby is so good ...she just holds it.
    I am sitting here waiting/hoping it will stop long enough for her to just urinate. Note it is midnight here and it continues.

She is sleeping on a chair ... but if she doesn't go now she will wake us during the night..

At least she doesn't tremble and go nuts. My previous dog used to just tremble uncontrollably for hours.

I am worried this will continue all weekend.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just learned, today, that male cats have testosterone....like male humans! I think Lola Falana may be a transsexual.....born in the wrong body!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

All male mammals have testosterone.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Update on a 2 tooth 14 year old Trouble:

- The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    All male mammals have testosterone.
    I've never had a male pet, so I've never really thought about it or asked about it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I forgot to posit but about a week and 2 days ago we welcomed home two new addictions to our family. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373355731.139401.jpg
    This is Harley
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373355764.284305.jpg
    This is Jax

We came up with the names from sons of anarchy. It's crazy but we are in the process of getting one or two more.
    just1paul likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird View Post
    I forgot to posit but about a week and 2 days ago we welcomed home two new addictions to our family. Attachment 29244
    This is Harley
    Attachment 29245
    This is Jax

We came up with the names from sons of anarchy. It's crazy but we are in the process of getting one or two more.
    So cute!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Serious question: Are those rats?

Does anyone know anything/have any experiences with the Canadian company "24 Pet Watch, pet insurance"? I got info about them when I adopted Lola F. and Juliebelle. Would like to know what other people think.

+ Reply to Thread