+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Went to the Humane Society to get my little black-and-white baby today! They were having a half-price sale, and I'll be diddly-dipped if I didn't come home with 2 babies!!! They are little-bitties. My black-and-white baby was named Burlina.....she is now named Lola F. Can anyone guess what the 'F' stands for??

The other baby is a long-haired tabby with ear tufts; I'm guessing she's part Maine Coon. Her name was Julie.....she is now named Juliebelle! She is absolutely beautiful, and named after my dearest friend who is not a cat person. I've called my friend, Julie, Juliebelle for as long as I can remember.

We head to the vet first thing in the morning!

If you get a chance... post pics!!! They sound adorable!

Wishing you MANY healthy and happy years together with LOTS of kitty kisses!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

That's good news I'm here
    You ain't kidding!!!!! When he greeted me at the door today.... you would have thought I won a million dollars!!!!! LOL
    inthegarden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Went to the Humane Society to get my little black-and-white baby today! They were having a half-price sale, and I'll be diddly-dipped if I didn't come home with 2 babies!!! They are little-bitties. My black-and-white baby was named Burlina.....she is now named Lola F. Can anyone guess what the 'F' stands for??

The other baby is a long-haired tabby with ear tufts; I'm guessing she's part Maine Coon. Her name was Julie.....she is now named Juliebelle! She is absolutely beautiful, and named after my dearest friend who is not a cat person. I've called my friend, Julie, Juliebelle for as long as I can remember.

We head to the vet first thing in the morning!
    I knew you couldn't pick just one!
    I'm so happy for your new little-bittie employers, Lola F and Juliebelle. They certainly are lucky to have hired you as their "new" staff.
    Wishing you many happy years!

I'm here I hope your kitty feels better soon.
    I'm here likes this.

Has anyone here had their cat on Blue Buffalo dry? I thought I was doing a good thing switching from Iams to the supposedly better quality Blue Buffalo and then a week or two into it I noticed vomit on our oriental rug. Not sure how long he'd been throwing up as I admit I'm not the greatest of housekeepers and being on the oriental rug I didn't notice it. He does occasionally throw up a hairball and it looked sort of like in the past so I didn't think too much of it. He was eating, drinking, stools solid, same general attitude but after about three days of it I switched his food back to Iams and instant improvement. He hasn't thrown up one time since taking him off the Blue Buffalo.

I did some internet research and seems other cat owners had the same or tragically worse experience. And I know every brand has had its share of bad reviews and recalls, dog food is always in the news it seems for having tainted batches. It seems companies change formulas, or sell to other corporations, or get ingredients from China or other countries and that's when the digestive problems seem to start, often being fatal but many owners don't know that was the root cause. The vet may find a kidney or thyroid issue but could the food be the cause? I think it can be in some cases.

Anyway, just putting it out there that sometimes the food can be the culprit. I did plan to take him to the vet if he continued vomiting but he stopped immediately upon the food change and hasn't had any problems for two weeks now. I also read canned food is better but unfortunately my cat never cared much for canned food.
    Photobabe likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lola Falana is leaping, diving, jumping, chewing, licking, stomping across my keyboard, running.....this is unbelievable! She is absolutely nuts! Juliebelle is maintaining a very low profile. I've heard her at the food dish, and that's about all. Lola F. has taken a nap. I'm guessing she'll have me calling on Jesus before the night is over.

Poor Dez is scratching to get in the room, and poor Celie just doesn't care. What's a mother to do?
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

wonderful adoption prhoshay.

Here is my 14 yr old trouble being typical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2TpJXUpH5U
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Does anyone have a pet who is spooked by the fireworks?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Yes. My blue heeler cattle dog who passed away this spring was terrified of fireworks or any loud bang. He was an outdoor dog and on firework holidays or when our neighbor had their annual Dove Hunt, I kept him crated in the garage and played soft music. I started him on benadryl in the early afternoon. They don't seem to bother my indoor pets.

Also, when we have cattle, we pen them up in a corral that has access to shelter. Sometimes, the loud noise can cause the younger ones to run. We also have to be on alert during the fireworks to make sure no stray firework lands in our hay barn. We always hope for rain the day before or the day of just to wet everything down.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm with the animals.....the firecrackers and blasts are the WORSE.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Trouble does what Mona & Joey used to do after they really began to feel safe. Sleeps right through it all.

Of course I have the windows closed and the air on. But at one time in another apartment where fireworks could be seen from the bedroom, Mona used to sit in the window and watch them. Seriously.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread