+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Mine comfort me too.
    Two of my ferals leave and can be gone for days or weeks at a time (they are fixed). When one appears and I haven't seen the other in a while, I will tell the one that is there... name, I haven't seen name, tell him/ her that they need to come and check in with me so I know they are okay. Unbelievable as it sounds, the other cat will appear within a day. I talk to all my cats. We have all types of discussions and I warn them of any farm work that might endanger them. I know they understand me and I know that cats have feelings.
    I love your post!!! AND responded... but its under review of a moderator. Must be a non-animal lover... *giggles*
    inthegarden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Mine comfort me too.
    Two of my ferals leave and can be gone for days or weeks at a time (they are fixed). When one appears and I haven't seen the other in a while, I will tell the one that is there... name, I haven't seen name, tell him/ her that they need to come and check in with me so I know they are okay. Unbelievable as it sounds, the other cat will appear within a day. I talk to all my cats. We have all types of discussions and I warn them of any farm work that might endanger them. I know they understand me and I know that cats have feelings.
    There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that cats have feelings, & are very intuitive.
    Not just when I was feeling ill, but when I was down for any reason or feeling stressed, my sweet guy would follow me around & the minute I sat down he'd hop up & snuggle, even climb up & lick my face. I very much got the feeling he was trying to tell me "Don't worry, it will all pass & be OK. I'm here for you." We both went through a lot over the years & I always felt we gave each other comfort when the other need it.

When he was nearing his own end, the moment I'd sit down he'd climb on me & lie down & stretch out between my lap & neck.(he was huge) He'd lick my chin & look at me as if to be looking for comfort.
    When I'd talk to him he always looked straight into my eyes & responded.

I miss him & as much as I adore cats, I've never been able to consider getting another one.
    You just can't replace something like that.
    prhoshay and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

You just can't replace something like that.
    No you sure can't. I have to have dogs in my life, and the two I have are truly wonderful. But I had one precious little guy whose life I saved, and he saved mine. I never replaced him in my heart, I just added two more to our home
    inthegarden likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That black and white kennel cougher is still available for adoption, and no one has been showing any interest in her! She is not coughing/barking anymore! She still is not finished with her medicine; she is on 1/4 of a dropper/day since she is so tiny. She really sounds like she is waiting for me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She is. She chose you, and only you shay
    -Andy Rooney-

I understand your feelings Miss Scarlet. It is so hard to lose one when you bond so completely. My first indoor cat was like and when he became ill and during his final days, he would lie on my chest and look deep in my eyes and purr. We comforted each other.
    I know that you can never replace that type a connection nor would you want too. One day when you least expect it and when the time comes, another cat will sense your readiness and adopt you. Cats are just special like that, they know us better than we know ourselves.

phroshay What other sign do you need?

I'm doing my deep-breathing now, and getting mentally prepared, I think.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm doing my deep-breathing now, and getting mentally prepared, I think.
    I bet you can also visualize that little kitty
    -Andy Rooney-

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I bet you can also visualize that little kitty
    Oh, for sure, I can! She is soooo deliciously precious I can hardly stand it!

+ Reply to Thread