+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Emergency Essence is one of the commercial combinations of the Australian Bush flower essences (there are almost 70 individual essences, 7 of which are in Emergency). It's kind of like Bach's Rescue Remedy but more powerful and more effective. It's available in a few different forms. A dosing strength dropper bottle, a stock concentrate bottle (with which you can make up lots of dosing bottles, with or without some alcohol preservative), a misting bottle (which includes ingredients not appropriate for cats - if you want to spray you can transfer dosing strength into a small spray bottle), and a cream. I recommend the stock concentrate as the most versatile.

I have the kit that includes all the individual essences so I make up my own combinations. 7 drops of stock into a small amber dropper bottle, fill most of the way with a pure water like distilled, and rap the bottle against your other palm a few times to "set" the energy. I usually dose by applying a few drops to the top center of the head (a chakra point). It's an energy medicine. Safe for cats, unlike essential oils.

There are more effective essences than just Emergency for depression but Emergency is a good start and cheaper than purchasing individual essences. I probably should not post a commercial source of the essences, but if you're interested contact me privately.

Grief is very real in our pets, either because they don't understand why a friend is gone, or because they do. Just as in humans, it can lead to illness.

I hope the antibiotics have him doing better soon!
    inthegarden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    That person was an idiot.
    I'm so sorry you're going through this illness so shortly after the loss of your other cat. I keep wondering if depression could be causing some of it. Were your cats close?
    I agree... that person IS an idiot. Of course that person has never had an animal.

A big age difference... but definitely enjoyed spending time together. They never cuddled or slept next to each other... but they were always found in the same room.
    The younger kitty LOVED to pounce on the older kitty when he was sleeping. AND the old kitty loved to eat all the food.... before the younger kitty could even get a sniff of it.

I too believe these symptoms are some how related to the passing of his buddy. But, getting rid of the symptoms seems to be much harder. He is a very friendly kitty that loves being around people... but as of late... all he is doing is hiding, sleeping and sneezing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I totally agree. Anybody who would say that kitties can't/don't feel emotion......I feel sorry for them. Ignorance can be quite a cross to bear, and the ignoramus doesn't even realize it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I too believe these symptoms are some how related to the passing of his buddy. But, getting rid of the symptoms seems to be much harder. He is a very friendly kitty that loves being around people... but as of late... all he is doing is hiding, sleeping and sneezing.
    That's an example of why I work with animal communicators. Sometimes our pets just need to talk it out with someone, same as we do. But you can also get very detailed information on what the problems are and how they're feeling physically and whether they think specific treatments have helped, and the communicator can explain things to them that can also help calm them down. All of which I can then use to choose specific flower essences, if called for.

In other words, they absolutely can "talk", and that means there is no reason to resort to guesswork about what's going on. It has made all the difference in caring for my kitties and it's an awesome bonding opportunity.

My dog was depressed when his buddy of 13 year was gone. Of course they bond, of course they feel depression. Look how are animals feel things we do. -if we are ill they comfort us.Mine lay with me, and I do the same with them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My precious gurl, Miss Sashay, laid with me and "tended to me" after I had been out of the house for several days for a major surgery. She would hardly leave my side to, even, eat or use her litterbox. Previous to that, I had never heard of a kitty doing that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    My precious gurl, Miss Sashay, laid with me and "tended to me" after I had been out of the house for several days for a major surgery. She would hardly leave my side to, even, eat or use her litterbox. Previous to that, I had never heard of a kitty doing that.
    My cats and dogs have always done that. I have had animals for 40 years, and they have all been the same, very comforting when I am ill.
    -Andy Rooney-

Mine comfort me too.
    Two of my ferals leave and can be gone for days or weeks at a time (they are fixed). When one appears and I haven't seen the other in a while, I will tell the one that is there... name, I haven't seen name, tell him/ her that they need to come and check in with me so I know they are okay. Unbelievable as it sounds, the other cat will appear within a day. I talk to all my cats. We have all types of discussions and I warn them of any farm work that might endanger them. I know they understand me and I know that cats have feelings.
    Miss Scarlet and I'm here like this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Mine comfort me too.
    Two of my ferals leave and can be gone for days or weeks at a time (they are fixed). When one appears and I haven't seen the other in a while, I will tell the one that is there... name, I haven't seen name, tell him/ her that they need to come and check in with me so I know they are okay. Unbelievable as it sounds, the other cat will appear within a day. I talk to all my cats. We have all types of discussions and I warn them of any farm work that might endanger them. I know they understand me and I know that cats have feelings.
    I love this post! I talk with my dogs, and one of them knows a lot of words.
    inthegarden likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Mine comfort me too.

OMG!!! That's hysterical that you say that... I too do the same of the 4 ferals that come to my parents house. If one doesn't show up for a day or two... I'll tell the cats that do show up to make sure "so-in-so" checks in with me.... and VIOLA that cat will show up. Sometimes even with an attitude. As if to say... whats the problem? My parents neighbors think I AM crazy... how I speak to the kitties. Especially, that I've named them... of which, they all respond to. Um... helllllllooooo.... why wouldn't they get a name or know it? I'm always telling them to be careful... and to STAY AWAY from strangers and animal haters! LOL!!!!! Some people just don't understand animals... AND THOSE PEOPLE are people who DON'T HAVE animals.

+ Reply to Thread