+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

My sons cat got out two weeks ago. They searched all over, put out food ,toys, made the sounds Max loves. He was under the front stoop( steps) paralyzed with fear. They found him 3 days after he escaped. Now he is in the basement hiding. He has been there ever since they found him, poor guy-
    I hope Dexter shows up really soon.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    My sons cat got out two weeks ago. They searched all over, put out food ,toys, made the sounds Max loves. He was under the front stoop( steps) paralyzed with fear. They found him 3 days after he escaped. Now he is in the basement hiding. He has been there ever since they found him, poor guy-
    I hope Dexter shows up really soon.

Awwwww.... that hurts my heart!!! For an indoor only kitty... it can be quite traumatizing to be outside. I've seen this with my cats even when they are locked out on the deck (or so they thought they were locked out). To see their little face... staring into the house... and all one can see is the mouth say "MEOW"... And this can be only after 10 minutes being outside. My kitties used to want the door to be left open. I couldn't stand the flies... so I would shut it.

No doubt with a lot of hugs and kisses Max will be back to his ole self.

Update on my kitty....

Since I put my cat to sleep almost two weeks ago... my kitty is just acting or IS soooo depressed. Now, it seems he has a cold. Vet keeps telling me its allergies. He hasn't been eating unless I shoved the food bowl right in front of him. He won't even come to me when I shake his favorite snacks. The vet told me today, to go to the pharmacy and get Chlor-Trimeton (antihistamine). Give him a 1/2 a pill. I only gave him 1/4 pill and his breathing has become really rapid and he won't relax. Now, he is under my bed.

*SIGH*

He has an appointment to see the vet tonight. This sure will add to his stress. Trying to make him better... seems I am just making things worse.

*DOUBLE SIGH*

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Awwwww.... that hurts my heart!!! For an indoor only kitty... it can be quite traumatizing to be outside. I've seen this with my cats even when they are locked out on the deck (or so they thought they were locked out). To see their little face... staring into the house... and all one can see is the mouth say "MEOW"... And this can be only after 10 minutes being outside. My kitties used to want the door to be left open. I couldn't stand the flies... so I would shut it.

No doubt with a lot of hugs and kisses Max will be back to his ole self.
    If they can find him!- since his outing, he keeps finding the oddest of places to lay and hide. He lost his brother a year ago, I think he's lonely, or his heart is.I am so sorry your kitty is depressed
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Cats can really benefit from flower essences. I use the Australian Bush line but they're usually only available online. The combination called Emergency Essence is a really good one to have on hand for times of fear or trauma. I would definitely treat depression in a cat.

I'm Here, I'm sorry your kitty is having a reaction to Chlor-trimeton. Even when vets recommend the right drug, and they really can't be counted on for that, with cats in particular they invariably recommend too high a dose. It may be he wasn't eating because his nose was blocked and he couldn't smell the food, so an anti-histamine wasn't a bad idea. I hope after it wears off that he does better.

CCL

There's a plugin difffuser for cats as well, called Feliway, that's supposed to calm them. I got it from my vet when my cat was stressed and it worked for him but your mileage may vary, of course.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    There's a plugin difffuser for cats as well, called Feliway, that's supposed to calm them. I got it from my vet when my cat was stressed and it worked for him
    Depends on the stress. It's an I'm ok/You're ok pheromone for when they're stressed about rivals or competition, not for depression. In that situation it can help my boy cat, but his sister hates it and avoids where I have sprayed (the spray is supposed to be more effective than the diffuser).

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If they can find him!- since his outing, he keeps finding the oddest of places to lay and hide. He lost his brother a year ago, I think he's lonely, or his heart is.I am so sorry your kitty is depressed
    At least he is INSIDE hiding. When he settles in.... they should take him to the vet... to ensure he didn't get hurt by another animal.

Brought my cat to the vet today... don't know what to make of the visit. Vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with my cat. Said his lymph nodes in neck were swollen. Uh oh... been "here" before. I just hope its NOT cancer.

Giving him an antibiotic for a week and if he doesn't get better... will have to get blood work done.

You know, just the other day a person said to me that my cat can't be depressed as they can't/don't feel emotion.
    Without a doubt.... the same day I put my cat to sleep.... he started acting very sad. I don't know IF I should treat him for depression. Did that with another cat of mine years ago... he seems more depressed taking meds than he did without.

IF ONLY they could talk....

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Cats can really benefit from flower essences. I use the Australian Bush line but they're usually only available online. The combination called Emergency Essence is a really good one to have on hand for times of fear or trauma. I would definitely treat depression in a cat.

I'm Here, I'm sorry your kitty is having a reaction to Chlor-trimeton. Even when vets recommend the right drug, and they really can't be counted on for that, with cats in particular they invariably recommend too high a dose. It may be he wasn't eating because his nose was blocked and he couldn't smell the food, so an anti-histamine wasn't a bad idea. I hope after it wears off that he does better.
    I have never head of Emergency Essence. Is it a spray? What do you do with it? If it is a spray...do you spray where that cat sleeps? I have Feliway... doesn't seem to affect my cat one way or another. I'm sorta afraid to spray anything at the moment... in fear it will clog up his nose more.

Swollen lymph nodes in neck are sorta freaking me out at the moment. Just hoping the antibiotic kicks in quickly and provides some comfort!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    You know, just the other day a person said to me that my cat can't be depressed as they can't/don't feel emotion.
    Without a doubt.... the same day I put my cat to sleep.... he started acting very sad. I don't know IF I should treat him for depression. Did that with another cat of mine years ago... he seems more depressed taking meds than he did without.
    That person was an idiot.
    I'm so sorry you're going through this illness so shortly after the loss of your other cat. I keep wondering if depression could be causing some of it. Were your cats close?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread