+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Day 3 that my gorgeous, wonderful Bengal cat, Dexter, has been missing. 2 days ago, I put flea meds on him and he bolted out of the house. Fine, I want the fleas and ticks to jump off outside. He was in the driveway/garden for at least an hour after that... followed me around when I took out the compost and did a little weeding, but I haven't seen him since. Every time I come home I expect him to be there, but I'm starting to get worried/depressed. My other cat was missing for a month last summer and turned up out of the blue. No idea where she had been. If you believe in sending up prayers for lost cats, I'd appreciate your help.
    Putting posters up around the neighborhood and advertising on the "lost pet" websites would probably be a good idea. I hope you find him. I'd also start talking to all the neighbors. Someone might have seen him. Or, he might have decided to visit a neighbor for a few days.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Add my prayers Gutmutter. If anyone around you has a crawlspace, out building, storm drain, well, pump house, or attic that is accessible, I would check for him in those places. He may have gotten shut in one of those spots. I would ask the neighborhood children if they have seen him. I hope he comes back soon, I know you are worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Day 3 that my gorgeous, wonderful Bengal cat, Dexter, has been missing. 2 days ago, I put flea meds on him and he bolted out of the house. Fine, I want the fleas and ticks to jump off outside. He was in the driveway/garden for at least an hour after that... followed me around when I took out the compost and did a little weeding, but I haven't seen him since. Every time I come home I expect him to be there, but I'm starting to get worried/depressed. My other cat was missing for a month last summer and turned up out of the blue. No idea where she had been. If you believe in sending up prayers for lost cats, I'd appreciate your help.
    Sending prayers and good thoughts ... but you know that your "other cat" turned up after a month, so we'll all keep the faith.

I DO believe in praying for all creatures ... directly and indirectly.

Try

"Tony, Tony ... look around. Something's/Someone's lost that must be found."

While St. Francis is the Patron of animals, ... St, Anthony is the patron of the lost.

That sentence is both a prayer and a calming mantra.

"The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Dex is a cutie-patootie.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just noticed that the other male cats that are always hanging around my driveway have been missing, too. Something's going on. Maybe just a female in heat and poor Dexter doesn't realize there's nothing he can do about it. Maybe the timing with the flea meds was just a coincidence. Like I said, he didn't seem distressed immediately afterwards.
    Count your blessings!

I hope Dexter comes home soon. I know what that feels like. Our cats were locked into my neighbors crawlspace for three days many years ago and they each went missing a number of times through the years. It always made me feel so worried and sad. Anyways, you are in my thoughts.

Thank you Cootie. The support here is incredible.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Try some of the exercises here: http://www.catchat.org/visualize.pdf You may be able to guide him back home. I've seen it happen. At a minimum he'll be less frightened.

The animal communicator I use recommends this exercise: Take five minutes out each day, and get really focused. Imagine, very vividly, your little friend coming home. Feel him in your arms, hear his voice, feel his fur, his kisses, and feel all of the wonderful joyful emotions you will experience when you have him home again. Cry the happy tears if you can. Really believe what you're imagining, as if it's actually happening. When you are emotionally convinced that this is as close to real as it can get, send those images, those emotions, and that strong belief to your animal friend. Imagining him feeling all of these things, as well.

She also recommends the services offered on findtoto.com. She said the site makes phone calls within a certain radius of where the pet has gone missing, or was last sighted, allowing more homes/people to be alerted and on the look out.

She also has the following related articles:

Gazehound's Creature Thoughts: Animal Communication Tips: Lost Pets

Gazehound's Creature Thoughts: More on Lost Pets: Communication Difficulties

Gazehound's Creature Thoughts: Excellent Lost Dog Help site

Thank you, Brooks!
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter....

I am sorry to know this!!!! A few years ago... our house got broken into while we were away on vacation. And one of my kitties got out. I had neighbors looking for him day and night. They couldn't find him. (We got home a day after my house was broken into... and that night he came home).

I know this might sound stupid BUT have you tried shaking a favorite toy or putting out some REALLY STINKY food. Like tune or sardines????

As mentioned above.... put notes and pictures around and be sure to tell all the neighbors. Dexter just might be taking shelter at a neighbors house.

I am truly sorry for both you and Dexter!!!! Good thoughts and MANY prayers are going your way!!!

+ Reply to Thread