+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I'm so sorry, I'm here. I'm sure you were a loving fur mommy.

How sad, I'm here. Don't beat yourself up with shoulda' woulda' coulda's. My late vet always told me that part of our pets' job was to not let us know anything was wrong ... so that we remain happy. After all, making and keeping us happy is their main job. It sounds like your little guy succeeded magnificently and left you with some wonderful, vivid memories.

Sending good thoughts and hugs.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Is anyone here into Birding? I recently started this year, mostly with setting up some backyard feeders and am currently creating a mini Big Year list mostly for my county but will branch out into some other states that I'll be visiting this summer. Anyway, if anyone knows of some good sites for membership or just talking about wild birds that would be great! I just love the birds I've been seeing so far in my own yard, especially the Painted Bunting. This is the first year I've ever seen one and they are so beautiful! It's amazing to learn their behaviors and I can even recognize some of the call sounds of various species.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Is anyone here into Birding? I recently started this year, mostly with setting up some backyard feeders and am currently creating a mini Big Year list mostly for my county but will branch out into some other states that I'll be visiting this summer. Anyway, if anyone knows of some good sites for membership or just talking about wild birds that would be great! I just love the birds I've been seeing so far in my own yard, especially the Painted Bunting. This is the first year I've ever seen one and they are so beautiful! It's amazing to learn their behaviors and I can even recognize some of the call sounds of various species.
    I don't but my immediate next door neighbor provides "room and board" so I get a lot of the benefits.

I was admiring his multi-unit bird condo ... there are about 12 entryways and I asked him if they were all occupied. He said yes ... but at first a squirrel had moved in, had babies. and then took the baby squirrels out and introduced them to the world. In case you were wondering as I was, no birds were injured.

I think that is fascinating.

Anyway, my closest interaction with a bird is a friend who has a VERY smart African Gray Parrot. I also adore cardinals, the little gold/yellow finches ... and I was thrilled year before last when a hummingbird came to visit.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    How sad, I'm here. Don't beat yourself up with shoulda' woulda' coulda's. My late vet always told me that part of our pets' job was to not let us know anything was wrong ... so that we remain happy. After all, making and keeping us happy is their main job. It sounds like your little guy succeeded magnificently and left you with some wonderful, vivid memories.

Sending good thoughts and hugs.
    Thanks for your kind words, thoughts and hugs!!!! I know what you've said is true... its that UNCONDITIONAL LOVE they provide.

I used to have 5 cats. Now, there is only one. I am NOT the only one suffering with sadness. Poor little kitty kat is sooooo sad. He is walking around the house looking for him.... and this may sound strange... but kitty kat keeps *SIGHING*. He won't go out on the deck... he won't eat out of his bowl (which he used to always force his face in it). Won't play with any of this toys. And now... he is following me alllllll over the house.

Its just soooo sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I'm so sorry, I'm here. I'm sure you were a loving fur mommy.
    I tried my best! I don't know how he feels... maybe a fur stealer??? I clipped a bit of his fur before he passed. I know, it sounds strange. But... I resemble that a bit! KOOKOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Big hugs for you. I am sure he had a wonderful life with you, with plenty of love
    Thanks Fanny Mare!!!! He had a good life. As mentioned, I found him living outside my office. He used to live on the roof.
    The first time I brought him to the vet... the vet thought he was originally an indoor pet... very friendly... that was abused. His back legs were injured.

I am glad I was able to provide a safe and loving home for him.... for almost 17 years.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Thanks Fanny Mare!!!! He had a good life. As mentioned, I found him living outside my office. He used to live on the roof.
    The first time I brought him to the vet... the vet thought he was originally an indoor pet... very friendly... that was abused. His back legs were injured.

I am glad I was able to provide a safe and loving home for him.... for almost 17 years.
    17 years is a long time I wish my wonderful pet had lived as long. I hope you feel better today
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Day 3 that my gorgeous, wonderful Bengal cat, Dexter, has been missing. 2 days ago, I put flea meds on him and he bolted out of the house. Fine, I want the fleas and ticks to jump off outside. He was in the driveway/garden for at least an hour after that... followed me around when I took out the compost and did a little weeding, but I haven't seen him since. Every time I come home I expect him to be there, but I'm starting to get worried/depressed. My other cat was missing for a month last summer and turned up out of the blue. No idea where she had been. If you believe in sending up prayers for lost cats, I'd appreciate your help.
    Count your blessings!

goes without saying Gutmutter. I am sending prayers.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread