+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Reminds me of Dexter. He likes it when I just "poke" him with my finger. Not hard, really just a prolonged touch. I'll randomly walk by him, touch him for a minute and walk away. He starts purring loudly. I guess he just likes to know I'm thinking of him.
    just1paul and Cootie like this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I had a gurl I used to nudge with my foot when I'd walk by her. One night, she tried to return the favor to me and got a running start from the kitchen (I was sitting on the living room floor); she missed and passed my by. She then went and turned around, got another running start, and tried it from the other direction....didn't work that time, either! It was hilarious! Poor thing couldn't get her coordination down! Poor thing was running like she had a peg-leg.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Went to my preferred pet supply store yesterday, a sizeable place, to get some Meow Mix...the wet food in the individual cups that I, mistakenly, introduced the gurls to, AND THEY DON'T EVEN CARRY IT!!! I was shocked and disappointed. The store personnel suggested that I write 'corporate' and tell them what I found out because, obviously, the personnel said it would really sell if they were allowed to carry it. I came home and did just that. I mentioned that they were sending me and my money out the door to spend my money elsewhere, even though I wanted to spend it with them. I guess we'll see what happens next!

Met a little kitty, up for adoption, who was black with white mittens, and white whiskers who was about 2 months old. Fell in love, but the baby had feline kennel cough, was on medication, but would have to be isolate from my other gurls if I brought her home, for at least a week. I don't think that I could stand that, nor could my socialite gurl; she was a ball of busy purrs everytime I held her. I left without her and don't even know if I want to bring home a baby with obvious contagious health issues and endanger my other gurls....but I can't get her out of my mind. Don't really think I want to face any "maybe" issues and find myself running back and forth to the vet. Disappointing!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Went to my preferred pet supply store yesterday, a sizeable place, to get some Meow Mix...the wet food in the individual cups that I, mistakenly, introduced the gurls to, AND THEY DON'T EVEN CARRY IT!!! I was shocked and disappointed. The store personnel suggested that I write 'corporate' and tell them what I found out because, obviously, the personnel said it would really sell if they were allowed to carry it. I came home and did just that. I mentioned that they were sending me and my money out the door to spend my money elsewhere, even though I wanted to spend it with them. I guess we'll see what happens next!

Met a little kitty, up for adoption, who was black with white mittens, and white whiskers who was about 2 months old. Fell in love, but the baby had feline kennel cough, was on medication, but would have to be isolate from my other gurls if I brought her home, for at least a week. I don't think that I could stand that, nor could my socialite gurl; she was a ball of busy purrs everytime I held her. I left without her and don't even know if I want to bring home a baby with obvious contagious health issues and endanger my other gurls....but I can't get her out of my mind. Don't really think I want to face any "maybe" issues and find myself running back and forth to the vet. Disappointing!

Did you meet the adoptable kitty at the pet food store? She must be isolated there ... or at the rescue org that brought her there. They can't let a contagious cat in with the general adoptable pet population can they? Maybe you could contact them ask them to hold her for you until the cough clears?

There are SO many adoptable cats and kittens just waiting ... and not enough homes for them. So I hate to hear that one who wrapped her paw around your willing heart iand mind s still waiting.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

She is in her own cage, like they all are. She is active and playful, clear-eyed...... so that is a good sign. I thought about asking the adoption counselor to call whomever is in charge, and tell them that I'd take her for a fee reduction (it's $105!) since she is going to be required special conditions when she comes home. When she coughs, she sounds like puppy. I'm thinking I'm going to give it a little time, and see if she's still available and all better. If she is both of those things, I'll know that she's just waiting FOR ME! Those kinds of signs mean a lot to me.

I wonder if they might allow you 30 Days or 6 weeks Vet care at no charge.

She sounds really special.

I don't think we have a fingers.crossed emoticon/smiley, but I hope it works out for you and kitten-mitten.

Mohandas Gandhi

Happy Fathers Day to all the Pet Papas

Mohandas Gandhi

Thank you. I got my reward yesterday when my family came over and Trouble stayed on he back of the couch right behind grampa for a while. She also stayed in the room and let everyone rub her.
    prhoshay and ArchieComic Fan like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Wow, Paul. She's come a long way. Blessings on you both.
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Thank you dear lady. I am blessed.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread