+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Took Trouble in for her semi annual checkup (This is the one where the blood work is done etc.) She lost some weight from 14.5 pounds to 12.8 - right where she should be. Her bacterial allergy is kicking up again so we had to shave part of her neck and I have ointment and pills to give her. Otherwise all is well. I did take a picture of her TWO teeth. I am so blessed to have her. She will be 14 in 2 weeks. Will be with me a year May 2, 2013.Trouble two teeth 03.30.13.jpg
    inthegarden likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

What? Now... you're taking my picture Now!
    just1paul likes this.

Ok here's a different one today --

what Sundays are for!.jpg
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Miss Celie has finally decided that she still loves me, even after our Friday night melee. She came in to get all in my face late this afternoon; poor thing, she's my only gurl that makes my nose run and makes me sneeze. She paid me only a couple of brief visits yesterday but, otherwise kept to herself. I left her alone. I knew she'd get over it whenever she did.
    just1paul and PGM35 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Miss Celie has finally decided that she still loves me, even after our Friday night melee. She came in to get all in my face late this afternoon; poor thing, she's my only gurl that makes my nose run and makes me sneeze. She paid me only a couple of brief visits yesterday but, otherwise kept to herself. I left her alone. I knew she'd get over it whenever she did.
    They get over it! Jaxi loves having her nails done. weird!
    just1paul likes this.

I submitted an application to adopt a young rescue dog yesterday. I am so anxious to hear back!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that he has not already been adopted. They seem to have updated their website since I looked yesterday and they have not changed his post to "pending" or "held", so I am cautiously optimistic!

We lost our last dog to bone cancer back in January. Our other dog passed from lymphoma a couple of years prior to that. I have been thinking about the possibility of another dog, but the idea of a puppy that needs to be housebroken just sounds like SO MUCH WORK right now. I have been interested in French Bulldogs for several years. We have been big dog owners in the past, but I kind of like the idea of a smaller dog with a big/tough personality. A smaller dog would be easier on my yard (and my wallet), and would also be easier to take with us when we go to the kids sporting events and other activities. I just happened to be poking around into local rescues yesterday and they had an adorable French Bulldog/Boston Terrier cross. He is just a little over a year old and is housebroken. He is great with kids, and sounds like he could be a great match for our family. Wish me luck!!

Good luck! Do you get to meet the dog before you make the final decision? Do they tell you why the previous owners got rid of it?
    Count your blessings!

good luck!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Good Luck!

Gut, those kittens in your avatar are adorable. Are they yours?

Yes - they all have homes, but won't be ready until next week... just in time for April vacation! In the meanwhile, I get to fill my time with laughter, soft cuddles, and kitten purrs. Dexter doesn't know what to think. He alternately tries to play, hisses, and climbs to the highest perch on his cat tree.
    (He mostly hisses if one of them approaches him from the rear unawares - oh my, do I laugh.)
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread