+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    ScarletteO, Fred is adorable! I love his name. Thanks for introducing him.

CallieCutie that picture is hysterical, absolutley hysterical!!!!!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Callie,

My girlfriend breeds Poms and I just love them. She has one now that only weighs 8 oz and is 6 months old. He will be lucky to top one pound.

What an adorable picture.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

Premium Member
    ScarlettO-Fred is adorable. I love squirrels.

As far as de-clawing cats goes, to me it's the same as docking a dog's tail or cropping their ears. My Silky Terrier already had her tail docked when I got her otherwise I would have never had that done. My biggest peeve is how the AKC expects certain breeds to have their ears cropped and tails docked to conform to the breed standard. It makes no sense to me that an animal should have to be surgically altered to meet a standard set by humans. It should be the way God made the animal in the first place.

Fred the squirrel is sooooooooo cute.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    I got this in an email today and it automatically made me think of Pom. So I'm posting it on here for everyone to enjoy...

THANKS for the many chuckles this photo gave me, CallieCutie!!!

Just the other night I snapped a few pictures of my black and white Pomeranian lying on the bed with my black and white cat (and my white dog), and it's hard to tell the two black-and-whites apart!

I'll post that photo when I get it developed ('cause yeah, I'm old-fashioned and I still take pictures with cameras that use film).

Thanks for thinking of me, Cutie, and give "COOKIE" a kiss from us all!!
    Last edited by Pomeraniac; 11-16-2005 at 10:07 AM. Reason: I had to replace a comma with a period. What's the matter with me, anyway? How could I use a comma where I was supposed to use a period? Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    ScarlettO-Fred is adorable. I love squirrels.

As far as de-clawing cats goes, to me it's the same as docking a dog's tail or cropping their ears. My Silky Terrier already had her tail docked when I got her otherwise I would have never had that done. My biggest peeve is how the AKC expects certain breeds to have their ears cropped and tails docked to conform to the breed standard. It makes no sense to me that an animal should have to be surgically altered to meet a standard set by humans. It should be the way God made the animal in the first place.
    I think it is cruel to dock tails, dew claws, and ears also Marleybone. I have even seen on the "Westminister Dog Show" that some people are entering their dogs with their ears NOT docked and they were still eligible to show.
    But I am trying to imagine my Yorkie with a long tail.....and I can't.....

Premium Member
    I haven't watched Westminster for a few years so I didn't know that. They should let dogs in who haven't had that done. My SIL's dog won best of breed 2 years in a row at Westminster about 10 years ago. One year she placed about 4th in the working group but never made it to the best of show round.

Wow I am impressed. I watch Westminister every year.....something I would never miss. I just love to see all the breeds and the new ones they let in.

Of course, I always root for the Yorkie breed to win and for years one has NOT made it.....maybe some day.

Scarlett, Fred is precious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    My older cat is declawed, and at nearly 13 years old, she's never had any foot or paw problems. My vet at the time even recommended it. Maybe it depends on the age of the cat when they have it done - she was declawed at the same time she was fixed, at 6 months.
    My cat is 19 and he was declawed when he was fixed at about 6 months or so. He's never had any trouble either.

+ Reply to Thread