+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

My one gurl, who was an outdoor feral, and still can exhibit some anti-social traits, accidentally got out without me knowing it, and was out for about 36 hours while I called and paced and refused to leave the house. Once she came to her senses and reappeared, she has not been interested in going out anymore. The window is enough for her! They do get over the need they think they have to go out; they just need to learn the rules and for their owners be consistent in what they expect.....just like kids!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My one gurl, who was an outdoor feral, and still can exhibit some anti-social traits, accidentally got out without me knowing it, and was out for about 36 hours while I called and paced and refused to leave the house. Once she came to her senses and reappeared, she has not been interested in going out anymore. The window is enough for her!
    I don't have the ability, but I work a lot with a few different animal communicators and have learned a great deal about my cats as a result. Your feral probably had quite an adventure to tell you about, if you're interested. ;^)

They do get over the need they think they have to go out; they just need to learn the rules and for their owners be consistent
    Sometimes there are obsessive urges and the right flower essences can make a difference.

I know my opinions vary greatly from others here, so don't pile on me, but I have always lived at the edge of a woods no matter where I've lived (except for college years) and have always had indoor/outdoor cats. I've also always had a kitten-bearing female... all my life growing up and all my life after college. As we speak, I have a list of people and phone numbers waiting for my next litter. I love having kittens and, as I've said before, for some strange reason, our area has a shortage of kittens. If I put an ad in the paper for kittens, I'm inundated with calls. I have decided to get my new Bengal male fixed even though the reason I originally got him was to breed with my female. He's too wonderful to risk roaming and getting in fights. He goes out, but only for a few minutes and then lets himself back in through the basement window. That may change in the spring. Again, please don't jump all over me. I think we can have differing opinions on these subjects.
    dagwood, just1paul, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Well we all do have differing opinions and I do not jump on you for this. I didn't care for something else. This is entirely different. I may beleive they should be indoors but that's me. You take of yours very well.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I try and try to keep Smokey inside but boy is he sneaky. I can usually keep him in but he gets by me once in awhile. It's been easier lately because he doesn't want to go out in the cold but I know as soon as it warms up, we will be back to our clash of wills. I'm thinking about putting a spray bottle of cold water by the door and spraying him when he tries to go out. He hates water, so I'm hoping this might work. I don't have a problem with other people letting their cats out. That's their business. I would prefer to keep both cats in the house because I know there are predators out there not to mention cars, but I don't always succeed. Willow so far hasn't tried to get out and I'm hoping it stays that way.
    just1paul likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I know my opinions vary greatly from others here, so don't pile on me, but I have always lived at the edge of a woods no matter where I've lived (except for college years) and have always had indoor/outdoor cats. I've also always had a kitten-bearing female... all my life growing up and all my life after college. As we speak, I have a list of people and phone numbers waiting for my next litter. I love having kittens and, as I've said before, for some strange reason, our area has a shortage of kittens. If I put an ad in the paper for kittens, I'm inundated with calls. I have decided to get my new Bengal male fixed even though the reason I originally got him was to breed with my female. He's too wonderful to risk roaming and getting in fights. He goes out, but only for a few minutes and then lets himself back in through the basement window. That may change in the spring. Again, please don't jump all over me. I think we can have differing opinions on these subjects.
    Don't yell at us.....yell at Judge Judy! She's the one who started all of this!
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    well we all do have differing opinions and i do not jump on you for this. I didn't care for something else. This is entirely different. I may beleive they should be indoors but that's me. you take of yours very well.

I think the care is what is important. Everyone's living situation is different and cat personalities are all different.
    I have both, a strictly indoor cat and then indoor/outdoor cats. My indoor cat would be miserable outside and my indoor/outdoor cats would be miserable inside.
    just1paul and Cootie like this.

As I see it, I'm the one running the show and paying the bills, so what I say goes!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    [/b]

I think the care is what is important. Everyone's living situation is different and cat personalities are all different.
    I have both, a strictly indoor cat and then indoor/outdoor cats. My indoor cat would be miserable outside and my indoor/outdoor cats would be miserable inside.
    Thanks for correcting my post. My proofreading was not good I thought the work care, but between the brain & fingers it got lost.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    as i see it, i'm the one running the show and paying the bills, so what i say goes!
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! !
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread