+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    My dogs are the same - they sit and wait for their teeth to be cleaned. I only have to shut off the light and head to the bathroom, they line up
    Thats soooo funny and strange at the same time. Especially when so many other animals hate being groomed. Did you start brushing their when they were pups?

My cat.. I found him on the streets. He was covered with fleas and had ear mites... cuts all over. I brought him to the vet... got all his shots and brought him home. He adapted quite well. Wasn't shy at all. The first morning he was with me... he jumped up on the vanity and when I was brushing my teeth he would hit my arm as if telling me... hey do that to me. Sooo I did. Put some tooth paste on my finger and he wiped his teeth.

I cracked up when I was blow drying my hair and he ran in soooo fast. Stood in front of the mirror? I suppose to make sure he liked my style. He would roll on all sides. I couldn't miss a spot. But... I must say.. it was a bit frustrating... when I was in a rush... that I still had to blow dry his fur. Even though my hair looked like crap... he looked like the handsome fella that he knew he was!
    just1paul likes this.

I used reverse psychology on them .You know when they are a pup they want everything? I said no, no way can you have a brush like this. I also added a yummy, this is sooooo good! by the end of two weeks they were begging to have it done, the youngest child *Oliver* he likes his done twice a day. Same thing with the hair dryer, if I bathe them , they love the blow dryer, they also like it when they are dry : ohno
    just1paul likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I used reverse psychology on them .You know when they are a pup they want everything? I said no, no way can you have a brush like this. I also added a yummy, this is sooooo good! by the end of two weeks they were begging to have it done, the youngest child *Oliver* he likes his done twice a day. Same thing with the hair dryer, if I bathe them , they love the blow dryer, they also like it when they are dry : ohno

*giggles* Thats very smart of you. Fool'n them like that. But it was good for them. And look how much they love it. I tend to sweet talk my kitties. Telling them how handsome or beautiful they are... Which is TOTALLY the truth! To make them close their eyes and enjoy the grooming. But I can't get my parents cats to want their teeth brushed.

All of my cats loved being combed. But didn't like being bathed. But... I'm not sure I know many cats who do. I know dogs usually love it. When I would bathe my cats... I would have to get in the bath too... sit them on my lap and wash them. What I'll do for my loves!

I've even gotten 2 of the feral kitties liking the brush. I just show them the brush and they usually come running for it. Sooooooo cute! It tickles my heart that even outside kitties love the attention. Especially the fluffy kitty.... I will find twigs and leaves in his fur. When I'm done grooming him... he IS proud. Struts his self around. Flicking his tail.
    just1paul likes this.

My dogs sit on the side of the tub when I bathe, my problem child fell in last week! so much for relaxation LOL

Your cats sound wonderful!
    just1paul likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Just an update on Buddy - so far so good. Here he is telling me to cut it out with the pictures already. Gee Wiz Woman. Enough.

Attachment 28757Attachment 28759
    just got back from the vet where I took Buddy. He had decided it was time so we decided to let him go. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. He had stopped eating since Friday. Vet said his brain hadn't ever given up trying to keep working his legs and bowels and pelvic area and was just tired. He had given up. He was going to get way worse from here especially with not eating so I took him in and said goodbye. Here is his last picture.

2013-01-22 09.25.41.jpg

PGM35 I am so sorry. I know how you are feeling .I am sure Buddy knew it was time as well

Big Hugs from FM
    -Andy Rooney-

I am SOOOO sorry to know this PGM35! I know how hard losing a pet is... but Buddy was a very lucky dog to have such a loving person in his life!!!!!!! Such a hard choice... but it was the right choice!

RIP Buddy

*HUGS*

PMG35 . I know that was a difficult decision for you. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

You did the right thing, but I know it was hard.
    Count your blessings!

PGM35 I know you did the most selfless thing you could do and Buddy I know is so grateful you did. Just think, as hard as it is - Buddy is now at the Rainbow Bridge full of vigor and life doing always what he loves. Full food bowls, plent of fresh water and most of all no pain. You gave Buddy a wonderful life here and you will be rewarded when you see him again. Right now you can be sad and you will always miss him, but soon you will laugh and smile remembering Buddy.

My heart and prayers are so with you right now.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread