+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Trouble brought in the new year the right way. Asleep and even with a smile. 01.01.13 Sleeping New Year Day 2.jpg01.01.13 Sleeping New Year Day.jpg

Today I was brushing her and she does like it so much, she "pancakes" whenever I brush her back. 01.05.13 Trouble pancakes for brush.jpg
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Trouble is such a beautiful kitty!

btw just1paul - I thought I should mention that my husband has been calling Willow "Trouble" because... well... she's constantly getting herself in some kind of trouble. I think of you and your little bundle of trouble whenever he does it.
    just1paul likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Trouble is such a beautiful kitty!

btw just1paul - I thought I should mention that my husband has been calling Willow "Trouble" because... well... she's constantly getting herself in some kind of trouble. I think of you and your little bundle of trouble whenever he does it.
    Oh that's too much. Hilarious.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Ha! My cats have started playing like kittens - chasing each other up and down the halls. Minerva is a pro at turning the throw rug into a tunnel and then Dexter jumps on her. Hiding around corners so that when one come barreling down the hall, the other jumps out and they both jump straight in the air. When Dexter runs he either hops like a bunny or has his body at an angle with his back arched - wicked long back legs. Keeps me laughing. I had been rubbing his belly before leaving for work yesterday and when I made motions to leave, he hugged my arm so I wouldn't let go. Love that guy!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Ha! My cats have started playing like kittens - chasing each other up and down the halls. Minerva is a pro at turning the throw rug into a tunnel and then Dexter jumps on her. Hiding around corners so that when one come barreling down the hall, the other jumps out and they both jump straight in the air. When Dexter runs he either hops like a bunny or has his body at an angle with his back arched - wicked long back legs. Keeps me laughing. I had been rubbing his belly before leaving for work yesterday and when I made motions to leave, he hugged my arm so I wouldn't let go. Love that guy!
    I love it when they do that. It melts my heart. When I pick Cooper up and hug him, he lays the back of his neck under my neck and pushes his head behind my head.

My "tough guy" cat puts up a big show about not wanting to be held for longer than he thinks it should take to bring him somewhere and for the past twelve years he totally got away with it. Recently I had to hold him for a while - maybe three minutes, so about a year for a cat who does not want to be held. I figured anything had to be better than nothing so I started softly singing and moving around and he went NUTS in a good way: purring, grabbing my arm, pulling it towards him in a hug, rubbing his face under my chin. Now he gets it at least once a day. Big faker, robbed himself for the last twelve years!
    Hyper likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

Ha! I'm going to have to try that.
    Count your blessings!

Hello to all you animal lovers!!!!

I'm happy to say that I'm starting to be able to handle the family of ferals that I'm socializing. I've picked up the fluffy orange kitty... though he did leave his mark on me. I've a few scratches on my legs. My tactics are: to pick him up quickly and NOT far off the ground.. then put him down. I did this a few times and when I felt that we both felt comfortable in this... I tried to put him on my lap. He didn't last long there. But... the fact I was able to pick him up makes me very happy.

And... I've been able to pet one of his siblings... not every day... this black cat is playing hard to get!!! I can pet him when he is eating though.

These are just small steps, I know... but they are steps in the right directions... making feral cats NOT feral.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm here that is spectacular news! Making feral cats not feral is tough! You've made great progress. My sis took in 2 ferals in '04 in SF and then moved them to my parents' house in '05. They still don't trust anyone who isn't my mom. They were okay with me for a short time, until my parents had to go somewhere and I house sat while having to administer antibiotics to the boy cat. He still thinks I'm coming at him with a dropper, seven years later. Good work and keep going!
    just1paul likes this.

+ Reply to Thread