+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Thanks. He's decided he doesn't need to stick to floor level afterall. The only problem is he often falls off the cat tree.
    He's lovely. I really think his name suits him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Showed DesiLu how to "shake her shimmy" (like Shug Avery did for Celie in The Color Purple), and the poor thing totally freaked out!!! She scratched off, like a hot rod burning rubber trying to leave a parking lot, getting out of the room!!!! She just cracks me up!!! She was back a few minutes later, watching for me to do it again!!

She is nuts!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dexter is gorgeous and I agree that his name suits him.

When I first brought Willow home Smokey HATED her. He growled for a week, until his voice was actually hoarse. I didn't dare leave them alone together for at least the first month because he was so much bigger than her, I thought he would hurt her. Now, they're the best of friends. I still have to scold Smokey every now and then because he tends to get a bit rough when they're playing, but Willow is such a scamp, she asks for it all the time. I think it serves her right to get her butt kicked occasionally.
    just1paul likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Dexter is gorgeous and I agree that his name suits him.

When I first brought Willow home Smokey HATED her. He growled for a week, until his voice was actually hoarse.
    Mona did that to Joey also, but for a month, she could only sqeek at the end, poor girl had laryngitis.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Hahahahaha! at all the stories of cats growling at newbies until they're hoarse. I guess I'm getting off easy.
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Did anyone see that Animal Planet series about unusual friends? I just recorded several episodes. The best one was a laborador and a dolphin who frequently played together. The dog could sense when the dolphin was in the water -- his own couldn't figure out how -- and he'd jump off the pier and swim with the dolphin until he got tired. Fascinating.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Hahahahaha! at all the stories of cats growling at newbies until they're hoarse. I guess I'm getting off easy.
    Yes Dear Teacher Gutmutter, you ARE getting off easy. Boo... But ours were kittens I wonder if that had anything to do with it?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I want to say Dexter is dexterous. He is a handsome fellow.
    That is a sweet picture Lil Bit. Smokey and my Cooper look alike.

Last year was Cooper's first Christmas and he was pretty good about not bothering the tree too much. He did have a few ornaments that he claimed as his and would take them down and hide under the tree.
    Under the tree was a different story, anything and everything that was placed there became his including our Christmas presents. He would hid his toys and treats under the presents and the tree skirt. He like to hide behind the presents and jump out as you walked by. Christmas day, he laid under the tree and swatted at us as we reached for presents. Some of the packages had tiny teeth marks in the corners. The bows well, there were no bows they had been removed and used as hockey pucks.
    This year, he is into everything. I have a table where I stand our Christmas cards. One of his favorite games is to try and walk around and through the cards without knocking any over. When he knocks one over, he freezes looks around, thumps his numb of a tail and then knocks them all over. His staff finally got tired of setting them up and just laid them all down on the table. Today, he nosed through a shopping bag and found his Christmas present. He is a mess and he makes me laugh with his funny ways.
    just1paul likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I want to say Dexter is dexterous. He is a handsome fellow.
    That is a sweet picture Lil Bit. Smokey and my Cooper look alike.

Last year was Cooper's first Christmas and he was pretty good about not bothering the tree too much. He did have a few ornaments that he claimed as his and would take them down and hide under the tree.
    Under the tree was a different story, anything and everything that was placed there became his including our Christmas presents. He would hid his toys and treats under the presents and the tree skirt. He like to hide behind the presents and jump out as you walked by. Christmas day, he laid under the tree and swatted at us as we reached for presents. Some of the packages had tiny teeth marks in the corners. The bows well, there were no bows they had been removed and used as hockey pucks.
    This year, he is into everything. I have a table where I stand our Christmas cards. One of his favorite games is to try and walk around and through the cards without knocking any over. When he knocks one over, he freezes looks around, thumps his numb of a tail and then knocks them all over. His staff finally got tired of setting them up and just laid them all down on the table. Today, he nosed through a shopping bag and found his Christmas present. He is a mess and he makes me laugh with his funny ways.
    Cooper is doing EXACTLY what HE SHOULD be Doing!
    inthegarden likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Dexterous Dexter () was just on my lap being petted and purring... but then I had to blow my nose and he flew off. My daughter is home from college break and she is amazing with cats. Her motto is: You have to make them like it. She'll get him off the cat tree, put him on the faux fur couch throw beside her, and hold him firmly with one hand while petting him the way he likes with the other and next thing you know, they're sleeping side by side. I always let him go when he wants to go, but just now I scooped him up (he sidled up to my chair), placed him on my lap with one arm gently locking him in, and rubbed his neck. He relaxed and stayed. I would never restrain him if he were struggling to get down, but I guess a little persuading does work.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread