+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Amusing feline activity here yesterday! My daughter is home from college, so we went to get our Christmas tree. There wasn't much left on the lot, so we opted for short and fat over tall and skinny. When we got it home, I took it out of the car, but left it outside the door until I got things situated inside. We had to move furniture to get a low table in front of the bay window to put it on, then several trips up and down the attic stairs to take up clutter and bring down Christmas decorations. Dexter had never been up to the attic before and he found it fascinating! That's good news because I'm hoping he can go hide up there when my son is home. He has bad allergies and doesn't like cats to be near him so will hiss and even move then away with his foot. Anyway - while Dexter was exploring the attic, we got the tree up, lights on, decorations, the whole nine yards. Oh, I wish I had had my camera ready when Dexter came downstairs and was confronted by a lit tree in his living room! He was stupified. Next thing I hear my daughter saying, "Mom, the tree is shaking." Luckily he wasn't climbing it, just jumping onto the low, wooden, folding table, then to the bay window ledge, then under the table behind the cloth draped over it, then back on the table... you get the idea. Minerva got in on the action and they're both hopping up and down from the different levels making the tree shake. Eventually Dexter settled on the table under the tree with Minerva on the floor below him.
    Do I dare put wrapped presents underneath?
    just1paul and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Amusing feline activity here yesterday! My daughter is home from college, so we went to get our Christmas tree. There wasn't much left on the lot, so we opted for short and fat over tall and skinny. When we got it home, I took it out of the car, but left it outside the door until I got things situated inside. We had to move furniture to get a low table in front of the bay window to put it on, then several trips up and down the attic stairs to take up clutter and bring down Christmas decorations. Dexter had never been up to the attic before and he found it fascinating! That's good news because I'm hoping he can go hide up there when my son is home. He has bad allergies and doesn't like cats to be near him so will hiss and even move then away with his foot. Anyway - while Dexter was exploring the attic, we got the tree up, lights on, decorations, the whole nine yards. Oh, I wish I had had my camera ready when Dexter came downstairs and was confronted by a lit tree in his living room! He was stupified. Next thing I hear my daughter saying, "Mom, the tree is shaking." Luckily he wasn't climbing it, just jumping onto the low, wooden, folding table, then to the bay window ledge, then under the table behind the cloth draped over it, then back on the table... you get the idea. Minerva got in on the action and they're both hopping up and down from the different levels making the tree shake. Eventually Dexter settled on the table under the tree with Minerva on the floor below him.
    Do I dare put wrapped presents underneath?
    This is hilarious and wonderful Gutmutter! I can imagine this happening and I laughed. No do not dare put presents under the tree.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Gut, that is so cute! I have presents under my tree and Nala has already tried to open most of them. LOL
    just1paul likes this.

Willow, who is the most curious cat I've ever known, and who gets into literally EVERYTHING, has completely left our tree alone! We have a small tree sitting on a table in our living room. It's got fiber-optic lights on it and it revolves. We also have all the presents under it and my granddaughter hung candy canes all over it, but other than a curious sniff or two the first day, there's been nothing from either cat.

Here's my two spooning on their favorite chair.

Willow and Smokey.jpg
    inthegarden likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My gurls want nothing to do with each other, other than one harrassing the other! I seem to be their "I want to get close to you" person......at their own separate, individual times, of course.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Awwwww. I hope that mine get to that point. Right Dexter is asleep on top of the piano and Minerva is asleep across the room on a chair turned upside down on a table so I can vacuum.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, they will over time. Mona & Joey never laid together like that it was always different directions.
    Lil Bit, That is adorable.

Last night I as usual fell asleep on the davenport and woke up a couple hours later with my arm hanging down and my hand flat on troubles side and she was curled up and purring like no tomorrow. I didn't have the heart to get up, so laid there and fell asleep again. A few hours later I woke up again and she was still there. I stayed put. Trouble woke me later when it was breakfast time. I feel so lucky.
    Lil Bit and inthegarden like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Trouble Under the Couch
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

LOL! Nice avatar of Dexter.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Thanks. He's decided he doesn't need to stick to floor level afterall. The only problem is he often falls off the cat tree.
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread