+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Forgive and indulge me for double posting... I just introduced Dexter to the brush and had our first sustained purring session. After I was through with his head and back, he rolled over on his back for me to brush his chest and belly while he gazed into my face... true love! I will have to invent a new phrase for this cat - he is a brush lush!
    just1paul, Cootie, chrisg and 2 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Willow.jpg

I figure it's about time to post a picture of my newest baby. This is Princess Willow (as my granddaughters call her) but I think she's old enough now to have attained Queen of the Manor status. She is almost 7 months old and there hasn't been a day since she came into my life that she hasn't made me laugh.
    Smokey.jpg

This handsome fellow is Smokey. My husband rescued him 2 years ago and he still knows it, because he is definitely my husband's cat. Incidentally, my hubby was NEVER a cat person until Smokey chose him to be his staff. I do rank second with Smokey though, unless his food dish is empty, then I move into first place until it's filled again.
    just1paul, Cootie, chrisg and 3 others like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've found that getting down on the floor with babies/toddlers and kitties seems to be the key to opening the trust/exploration door, inch by inch!
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My allergy bloom convinced me to buy a new vacuum off of Amazon with special pet fur attachment and hepa filter. My old (2nd hand) vacuum bit the dust 6 months ago and I've been making do with a hand-held vac that requires me to be down near the floor and needs to be emptied every few minutes. My son with allergies will thank me when he comes home at Christmas.
    just1paul and Cootie like this.
    Count your blessings!

Miss Suki is beautiful, Critical.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

What a beautiful and handsome group of furbabies. I love seeing all of their pictures and reading your stories. Thank you all for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Miss Suki is beautiful, Critical.
    Thank you I think so too.

Lil Bit - Princess Willow is a doll and Smokey is gorgeous! I've always wanted a gray cat. Maybe someday, although my cats tend to pick me rather than the other way around!

Gut - I got one of those pet hair vacuum cleaners a few years ago and was amazed at how much it picked up. I was sort of horrified and impressed at the same time. I couldn't believe all that stuff had been in my carpet.....that I'd been walking on in my bare feet!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wondering how often y’all have your cat’s nails trimmed. I can’t trim Bella’s – I don’t have the proper clippers and she squirms too much. So a friend or the vet does it.

Seems that every 2 or 3 months she needs a trim (front and back) or I’m in danger of a swat/scratch (which hurts when she has talons ).

Not nearly as often as I should, that's for sure. Suki gets so squirmy and fussy that I worry that I'm going to hurt her. Oliver, on the other hand, turns into a hell hound. He can be dead asleep in my lap when I start clipping and after one nail, he's hissing and biting and making a break for it. I started trimming his claws when he was little, but he never got used to it. It's really an ordeal.

Jasper was just SO easy on that front. I could trim his claws at any time and he'd just let me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

There's a trick to holding them when you clip their nails...open your hand and place their elbow in the center of your palm and then close your hand around the joint. It locks it so they can't yank it back mid clip. It doesn't do much to help the squirming but if you can find a way to hold them down, then you won't clip too short at least. My Min Pin cries like a baby the whole time. He loathes it. I'm hoping the puppy is easier. I gave them both baths today and the puppy loved it. My old guy, you even mention bath (as in "I'm going to hit the shower now") and he's hiding and cowering in the corner
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread