+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

The other day as I was leaving the vet's office he was telling me that there's a dentist in town who puts gold crowns on dog's teeth because the owner's want to pamper. We were laughing and agreed that those people fall into the category of "Have more money than I know what to do with". I apologize in advance to anyone posting who has gotten gold crowns for their pooch.

I still don't know how to do pictures, but here he is in my avatar. I wanted to call him Dexter, hoping he'd be a serial killer of mice, but my daughter doesn't approve - and she's the one who turned me on to the tv show! She's going to try to think of something more "exotic". Apparently Bengals love water... in the wild the original cats walk through water to avoid being tracked by predators.
    He's still being shy, checking out the house. Minerva was in for a while last night and they checked each other out with a minimum of hissing. I have my fingers crossed and know I need to be patient. Minerva got the basement door open last night where I have a covered window that she can get outside through. He had gone down into the basement trying to find her, but didn't get out. I'll have to put something heavy up against that door until I'm sure he knows this is home.
    Count your blessings!

to do the picture click on the image iconat the top on your reply or post, then go from there.

Dexter is handsome
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I love the name Dexter, a friend of ours has a cat named Dexter. He looks lovely, regardless of his name
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I may call him Dexter no matter what my daughter comes up with and just call him her name when she's home. She graduates from college this May, so it's not like she'll be around a lot. If I may be disgusting for a moment... he's used the litter box twice since I brought him home yesterday afternoon and his "scat" is the size of a large dog's!!!!! I have never seen anything like it from any cat or small dog I've owned.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poor poo-poo butt!! Poor Gut!!! At least you know that things are moving like they should! I remember going through a phase with Miss Sashay when her cute little tiny kitty butt could completely BLOW UP my entire condo; it eventually stopped. I remember her awakening me out of my sleep; I woke up and she was standing on my chest, looking me squarely in the face with that innocent face....and that was only gas!!!! I looked everywhere for solids, but there was none to be found. I figured she must have had the bellyache from hell! The vet found no problems.
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, Mr. PooPoo Butt is still being shy. They had been keeping him in a rabbit hutch "kennel" outside with two females from is litter. I'm not sure how often they were let out or in the house. I had been given the impression he was raised inside, but I'm being patient. I think of Just1Paul and how patient he was with Trouble... hopefully it won't be that dramatic. Haven't seen Minerva since I got home from work, but that's not that unusual. I'll be home all weekend, so we can start blending as one big happy family.
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I love the name Dexter. He looks big and tall in his avatar picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    .... but I'm being patient. I think of Just1Paul and how patient he was with Trouble... hopefully it won't be that dramatic.
    And I trained HER just the way I wanted her.......
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Small success - I got Dexter to chase the laser pointer up and down the hall over a dozen times. He even ran around my chair and into the room with me a few times. He's resting now. I don't think he's used to that much exercise.
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread