+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Sounds good to me. Just make sure to ask if the anesthesia just knocks her out lightly which she will recover from quickly. That's what Dr. Bennetts did for Joey in 2008. Ear drops? I just went through that with Trouble - I think the worse part was me holding her cute little head for a few seconds so she wouldn't shake it and the look on her face made me feel terrible.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Hey, just1paul. I remember your posts. So you have a relatively new kitty, Trouble!

The worst part of vet trips is getting Bella into her carrier. OMG. Always a battle. Then she wines in the car. She is strictly an indoor cat, and does not like confinement at all.
    just1paul likes this.

Trouble 11.17.12.jpgIt amazes me how much this almost 14 year old acts like a kitten at times but still manages to put me in MY place. Trouble is happier than she has ever been according to her Vet, who was also Mona & Joeys, and is good friends with Troubles former Staff. Another person who knows Troubles former staff has also informed me that he has never seen Trouble happier. Even with her two teeth she can knock me down. I put Trouble in the carrier when we went to the doctor a few weeks ago and you would have thought I was torturing her she was yowling so loud, in the hall at home waiting for the elevator oh my, I am so glad none of the neighbors looked out their doors. But the MINUTE grampa (my Dad) pulled up and we went the the car - she shut up. Oh but I love her. look for her along with a couple shorts of Joey on youtube. search for troublesdadpaul.

Give Bella an ear skritch for me.
    inthegarden likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. He has now crossed over the Rainbow Bridge & is with the "big sister" we lost last year. My daughters were courageous enough to stay in the room when we said goodbye, so his whole family was with him. His suffering is over.
    Aw, sorry to hear that. Sweet that the whole family was with him.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Sorry, AJane. Yes, he's in a better place now.

I was wondering, how often do you folks take cat/dog in for dental exam & cleaning? I've heard it's a good idea every 1 or 2 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Sorry, AJane. Yes, he's in a better place now.

I was wondering, how often do you folks take cat/dog in for dental exam cleaning? I've heard it's a good idea every 1 or 2 yrs.
    Trouble goes in for an exam twice a year, with one being a full blood work up and the other she gets her shots (same as I did with Mona & Joey) Dr. Bennetts checks the teeth during the one with the other shots and would clean them then (well for Mona & Joey she would) and now she cleans if need be Troubles TWO teeth. It was during one of these that she found Joey really needed a deep cleaning and some other work so I had it done a week later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    tango7 likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I was wondering, how often do you folks take cat/dog in for dental exam & cleaning? I've heard it's a good idea every 1 or 2 yrs.
    You don't want oral disease to progress, but if annual cleanings are required then there's a major health problem. It's a myth that dry food is good for tartar control - it's like expecting that chewing on pretzels will help you. Starches in the food are also a major problem, and cause, of dental disease. They're carnivores and can't handle carbs, especially cats. What helps keep their mouth clean is resilient food, like chewing whole pieces of (preferably raw) meat that really works the gums. Gizzards are great if they'll eat them, although the smell puts many off.

Vets aren't familiar enough with what medicines cats can safely take or at what doses. Be sure to discuss all drugs ahead of any procedures. Cats should receive zero NSAIDs of any kind, especially a painkiller called metacam (generically meloxicam). It destroys kidneys. My cats' files are marked "NO METACAM".
    tango7 and I'm here like this.

They also gave me a bag of Lysine treats which I was told is good for feline herpes. Surprisingly, I hear this is common. Her right eye tends to drip. Right away I noticed an improvement in the congestion and the eye dripping has cleared up.
    Bella is a beauty. I haven't heard of the Lysine treats, so thanks for sharing that information. I've been grinding up the tablets and mixing it in my cats food but the treats would be a lot easier. You are right the Lysine sure does help.

just1paul It is all the love and wonderful care (from her new staff) that Trouble is receiving that makes her act like a kitten.
    She has...No worries...Be happy.
    tango7 likes this.

Thanks to all for feedback.

and just1paul, @Joey's teeth.
    just1paul likes this.

Thanks to all for feedback.

and just1paul, @Joey's teeth.
    Oh those teeth, I loved those teeth. His top fangs were so long that eve nwith his mouth closed sometimes the tips and a bit more would show. Like the Kitty on the Flintstones.

baby.jpg
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread