+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I'm so sorry, AJane. It's tough to feel so helpless and it's especially hard when the animal is relatively young. I have no wisdom for you on the subject. Just trust yourself to know when it's time to keep trying to find a solution and when it's time to let go.

Re: the feral cat. We had a tom cat (okay, we fed a tom cat - I don't think you ever actually OWN a tom) years ago and he'd show up with the most appalling abscesses and we'd think, "Well, that's it. NO way he can survive this" but he did. It's amazing what their little immune systems can withstand. That cat lived for maybe 15 years, I think. No one could believe it. Oldest tom ever.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    We got a new puppy yesterday! He's a cute little black and tan Mini Dachshund.
    Congratulations! I'm going through puppy envy. I've got a half-dachshund, half-Maltese. (Why am I getting two photos in this post?)

iggy.jpg
    Last edited by candor; 12-04-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Fixed!
    Cootie, inthegarden and JavaJo like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

The image is attached to your post twice.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ajane my heart is with you. My Joey had CKD and it wasn't an easy decision to make but I thought I did what I would want done for me. Thinking of you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

AJane, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty! I also have had cats that I was sure would not get better and by some 9 lives miracle they pull through.
    You can try putting the ACV on the back of the neck. You and your family are in my prayers

JavaJo...so excited (and jealous) for you!

For animal lovers

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. He has now crossed over the Rainbow Bridge & is with the "big sister" we lost last year. My daughters were courageous enough to stay in the room when we said goodbye, so his whole family was with him. His suffering is over.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AJane, I'm so sorry. I am glad he is with his sister, and your daughters said goodbye with you.Its so hard
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

So very sorry for your loss!

AJane - You and your family has done the most SELFLESS thing we can do for our furry ones. Take the time to grieve, cry, be mad, over time you will begin to smile a little, then laugh when you think of something he did that amused you. There will be times when you stop and cry, but then smile again. The hurt never really goes away but the edges soften a bit over time but that hole is still in your life even so, but we go on. Someday we will be reunited at the bridge.
    shyra, inthegarden and BlondeOne like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm so sorry AJane. Losing a pet is one of the worst things to suffer through, I think. Not a lot tops it, except for people, of course.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread